• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bought My First Deuce

BMCUSNAVY

Congratulations on your M35

Like you, I got my first M35A2 this weekend. I drove it from Milwaukie Oregon to Oak Harbor (Whidbey Island) Washington. It was a long trip at 280 miles, but what a riot. Only pain in neck was driving threw Seattle traffic.... lol lol lol. Sorry I don't have pics of it yet, but taking it out to go get some dog food & show it off too my buddies. Take care & thank you all for all the information that you folks post in this forum.... =)

Alex400

Nice job! I had thought about using the hand throttle as a cruise control. Decided not to because it'd be to dangerous in an emergency stop situation.
I wonder if there would be a way to hook a linkage so that when you pushed on the brake pedal it would push the hand throttle in and still allow the brake pedal to travel further.

scooter01922

You are gonna have to push the clutch in if you need to stop ASAP anyway. The engine shouldn't over rev or anything, just stay running at whatever RPM you had it set at. Its not going on vehicle speed like your car its going on engine RPM from what i have hear/read at least. More like a tractor governor less like a true cruise control.

Crap, almost forgot to say congrats on the new truck, it looks great :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks