• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my first M1008 !!!

bullitt5244

Just wanted to show you guys my first M1008. It's an 87 with 67,000 miles on it. I love it other than the tall gears (my daily driver). I plan on painting it back carc green like it was, and restoring it back to how it should be. (other than bigger tires).

Attachments

bullitt5244

Yeah i love the truck it is in good shape. This morning it was really cold problay 20 something degrees and it started really well just waited for the glow pllug light to shut off and it cranked right up i was surprised. The color is like a dark dark green def. lighter than the interior. It seems to be running great when i first got it the engine was a little loud but i put some fuel additive in it and it quieted down alot.

mtjbrown

Mine is really loud when it first starts in the morning. After 10 minutes or so on my drive it quietens down real nice. Most diesels I have had were that way. I thought for a minute when I first looked somebody had painted it brown.:confused: You'll love it, just don't be in ahurry to get anywhere!!:)

ralbelt

Looks really nice, I usually don't put mine into drive till the high idle kicks down then the engine is quieter. I don't normally use it as a daily driver as I only drive 1.3 miles to work and the warm up is longer than the drive.

bullitt5244

I would like to just trying to work out some little bugs at this point then work on the "extra's" but i have to tell everybody this site is great for info and help !!

woodyNla

I would like to just trying to work out some little bugs at this point then work on the "extra's" but i have to tell everybody this site is great for info and help !!
I know exactly what you mean! Just started fooling with this stuff for the airport I manage and this site has answered everything I have had questions on. One member even hooked me up with keys for a 1031. Many kudos to the folks on this site.

bullitt5244

UPDATE !! I just found out my truck is not a M1008 but a M1028 i took a good look at the plate on the door and it said M1028 and through the help of this site i check my vin and it is a 1GCHD. I am really happy about that !!:)