• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my First M35A1

scopionf89

I would look on govermentliquidashion.com and bid on them. You should have a base fairly close to you. I keep my eyse out for tires all the time. I bought 32 of them from goverment action for 700 with rims. If you don't want to do that then memphis equipment out of memphis TN will defently have them. I would aslo adviese you to by a duck bill hammer and some crow bars. If you are carfull you can do your tire fixes your self and save 50 bucks every time you put rubber on a rim. I have broken down and put about 20 tire together with out insadent. I don't have a cage I simple place the rim that I am presurizing behind my truck. Then run the air hose around my truck and put my rear tires between me and the rim so if it dose blow up then the wost thing that happens is I have to replace my tail lights.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would look on govermentliquidashion.com and bid on them. You should have a base fairly close to you. I keep my eyse out for tires all the time. I bought 32 of them from goverment action for 700 with rims. If you don't want to do that then memphis equipment out of memphis TN will defently have them. I would aslo adviese you to by a duck bill hammer and some crow bars. If you are carfull you can do your tire fixes your self and save 50 bucks every time you put rubber on a rim. I have broken down and put about 20 tire together with out insadent. I don't have a cage I simple place the rim that I am presurizing behind my truck. Then run the air hose around my truck and put my rear tires between me and the rim so if it dose blow up then the wost thing that happens is I have to replace my tail lights.
I just went through 30 tires/wheels in this way; disposed of the old cracked & worn-out 9.00 tires and swapped in 10 11.00 tires on the Deuce wheels.

I made sure to clean the rust off the wheels & lock rings where they mate together, and by setting the tire underneath my trailer with a locking air chuck, I had ZERO issues with seating & beads and inflating the tires.

Some of the tires beads were rusted onto the wheels, so I had to work my way all around the lock ring 3 or 4 times with the duckbill hammer before the bead finally gave way. But they finally broke loose.

There are members around you selling these tires/wheels, just do some patient searches and inquiries. And don't forget to use Craigslist or SearchTemptest.com (to search multiple Cragslists around you).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello - have a very clean 1969 Duce and Half ! I like to turn it back in time - Vietnam ! Is there a Good place to buy the split rims for my Duce and Half and the tires that were made for that time ? Ralph Jones
In addition to my suggestions above, isn't C&C Equipment (a SS vendor) fairly close to you? They should have mountains of 9.00x20 tires on Deuce wheels.

aaron92685

Well here is a update. I work allot so I don't get tons of time with it. I found quite a bit of rust on the truck. Both sides under the door's were rusted out, the windshield frame was rusted out and the cowl was rusted out in spots. But making some progress as time allows.
DSC00967.jpgDSC01032.jpgDSC01031.jpgDSC00981.jpgDSC00980.jpgDSC00979.jpgDSC00969.jpgDSC00968.jpgDSC00970.jpgDSC01033.jpg

Last edited:

aaron92685

Sorry the pictures are out of order. I painted the door with 24087 Bear exterior paint. But decided to paint it with Rapco 24087. I like the color better. And my wife bought me seat covers from Jatonka for xmas. As soon as the cab is all prepped I am going to sand blast the bed and patch some rust holes in it.

DSC01035.jpgDSC01351.jpgDSC01349.jpgDSC01260.jpgDSC01259.jpgDSC01258.jpgDSC01036.jpgDSC01108.jpgDSC01034.jpgDSC01355.jpg

Last edited:

ProudAmerican

Hello - New here - a Vietnam Veteran - bought a 1969 Deuce and Half - turning it back to Vietnam style ! The 1 picture I took it to Fort Sill , Oklahoma . Everyone in Lawton / Fort Sill Oklahoma really enjoyed seeing it ! Check my profile album !

Last edited: