• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bought My M1009 CUCV

AlwaysInATruck

I've been looking at it for some time now and I just finally bought it and drove it home today. The PO put in a cb radio, cd player and box speakers in back, rough country 4 in suspension lift, brand new th400 tranny, and the motor seems to me like it runs extremely well. There's other stuff just can't think of off the top of my head. It has 115k and i paid 3500 for it. Do you guys think I Overpaid? Underpaid? What should I look for? What are some things I should know? I'm a first time poster and I look forward to being an active member of this site.

Attachments

ryan77

Looks to me you got a good deal! Guys are paying that for junk at auction!!! Nice truck congrats and welcome to the site!:)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! They are a "joy"! LOTS of information here on S.S. about our trucks. I keep remembering, mine is 28 years old. :shock: ENJOY HER!
God bless,
Tony:)

hunderliggur

Doghead relay mod if it does not already have it. Maybe a spin on fuel filter (on my list for the near future). A/C? Window tint? You are in Florida you know! Welcome and have fun.:beer:

AlwaysInATruck

Not sure yet. New tires are first. Winch. Aftermarket ac if it doesn't make the interior look bad. I'm also gonna look around the forums to take other peoples ideas. But first thing I'll be changing the fuel filter and oil and oil filter. She already has a tranny cooler. What cool stuff have you guys done to your trucks?

rbeasley66

A nice find on your truck and welcome to SS. Where are you in Central Florida? I'm in Lakeland and have a CUCV as well, along with allllll the other toys you seem to acquire getting into this. Check out our event we're having in June, we always have CUCVs, Deuces, 5 tons and other assorted vehicles attend. Hoping it rains so we have some water and mud to play in. Hope to see you there.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/87173-2012-florida-richloam-mv-summer-rally.html

Pballer71

What are the fuel filter and oil filter mods whats wrong with the stock ones? and for me i got some .50cal ammo cans and made a console which is a must have i think and i rhino lined mine which is nice in the summer. 1ton cucv k5 turbo that is a very nice build wish i was able to do something like that don't know nearly enough for most of that, love the skull on the front differential very nice touch.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think you got a fantastic deal. I've got that much in a GL buy with rusted out rockers and other areas, rear window repairs, tranny seals, rear main seal....... and I still have a rusty truck.

donalloy1

Looks great to me. Welcome to the world of OLIVE DRAB! Go through Electrical with fine tooth comb! Once familiar with her you will overcome any obstacle. Keeping mine pretty much stock. Kids and I love her. She's our daily driver. School drops, Home Depot, Work and all else we want to do. She is with us. DMLII sends....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks