• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my M342A2

Red Neck

Just got my 1973 M342A2. I am starting with a complete service, grease etc. I will try to register it on the weekend. Does anyone know how the air compressor gets lubricated ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a sweet looking tipper Redneck. Musta cost a fortune. Where did you finally find one?

Red Neck

The info I have on it is that it was kept by Sarfan until they moved to FL, then TNJ Murray bought it to keep and I had to manage a complicated deal to entice him to get rid of it. I ended up procuring a military weasel to trade, along with $$$ for it. To get the weasel, I had to trade my M38. So I am not sure what it cost, but it was too much, but I wanted a lightweight, all wheel drive, easy to find parts for truck. I have a gas job site truck that has a M215 body on it, and I really like it so........
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF OTHERS THAT RUN? I know of only one other, Dave at Eastern has one. All others I found are scrap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's one of the nicest ones I've seen. Too bad Sarafan didn't bring it down here. I was at Sarafans 3 weeks ago and I would have been slobbering all over it. I had the chance to buy one from Kublo for $6000 several years ago. It was a winch model too. Oh well, blew it! Very nice Redneck!

Elwenil

There is a Deuce here in town that has a dump bed on it, but I haven't gotten to look at it close to see if it was a swapped on civilian bed or an original, or just something made out of spare parts. I'll try and get a close look at it sometime, but the guy works shift work, so he's hard to track down.

-Sniper-

Never seen 1 before.
I heard there is 1 in maastricht (holland)

I have seen a lot of M35's but never seen this type

The M108 is hard to find to in Holland

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[green][5]CONGRATULATIONS!!! [/5] [/green] Dump Trucks are cool!! That is a terrific looking truck.
I have always been fond of the 5-ton dumps (mostly because I used to drive one that belonged to my Uncle Sam), but that 2 1/2 ton dump is awesome. It has to be one of the most useful and practical military vehicles for the civilian owner. It's big enough to do serious work, yet still under cdl class.

I am [5] [green]GREEN [/green] [/5]with envy!!! (o.d. green that is!) [thumbzup]

. . . By the way, Hey admin/moderators, this green text is too bright! . . . can we get that changed to olive drab?!?! :lol:

Red Neck

Thanks everyone! The specs as far as I have seen on the ones I looked at are 25500 lbs for none winch and 26165 for winch models. The capacity is the same however the truck is built different. It has a double frame that ends at the rear trunion bracket and the rear trunion bracket is about twice as big and shaped like at wedge (the M35 is square). It has more leaves in the springs. I am still trying to find other differences. I will try to post a pic of the trunion brkt at some point, I have one from a scrap truck I looked at.

Red Neck

trunion bracket can just be seen to the right on 1st pic, notice the downward angle as compared to a M35 that is straight up/down.

rdixiemiller

There were a bunch went through Fort Hood Tx. a while back. The running gear was out from under them, nothing but the frames, cabs, and dump bodies. They brought 500-1200 if I remember correctly.

Red Neck

Also, I mentioned it in another post, but the 1C engine has 140 HP, I don't know if they rated the dumps with more ???? Waiting to hear from others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks