• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought two Growlers. One M1161 and a M1163. CA Sales Tax question

BFGOrdnance

Super excited. I was curious though if anyone knows if there is a way to not pay the Sales tax. I live in Oregon and these are getting shipped to Oregon. has anyone done this before?

1978ford250

When you checked out did you request the transportation quote?
There is a process on GovPlanet to request a tax adjustment but it has to be done in a short period of time. In order to get the adjustment approved you have to provide "proof of landing" from a courier. The problem is that you probably have to wait for 10(ish) weeks for your EUC to clear and by then the tax adjustment deadline is long gone. You obviously cant arrange for transportation until your EUC clears and you get a pickup code. If you get a transportation quote from the company, I'd send that in using the tax adjustment link and express your intent to have it transported out of state using that courier service. What they will probably do is refund you the difference when the vehicles are actually transported out of state. You can always just call and ask them. I'll post the tax adjustment instructions I made but they probably won't be useful in your situation. Hopefully, this helps.
Congrats on your purchases

Attachments

BFGOrdnance

Thanks ! I somewhat figured the same thing, but we will see. I forgot about the long EUC process. I just hope they all get approved at the same time (likely buying at least 1 more Growler) so that I don't have to make multiple shipping trips.

I can't wait to add these to our fleet!

W427

@BFGO, the taxes in your state are different than in Cali, so this may not directly apply to you. In my state, the tax rates are similar to CA, and the state will apply credit towards original taxes paid in CA on registration. So no double-taxation here but other fees and shortfalls still apply. Yes, I was concerned over the situation at-first, but the difference to me is not much, so no worry for me about the CA sales tax reimbursement on the original sale. Others doing this need to check with their state, county, and/or tag agency for their own info. Hope that helps somebody.

DJW

Super excited. I was curious though if anyone knows if there is a way to not pay the Sales tax. I live in Oregon and these are getting shipped to Oregon. has anyone done this before?
I had same problem bring mine from Al. To LA. Took a lot of waiting on hold to seller. After a couple of months finally got to converse with someone that understood . Why should I pay Al. Taxes Then La. taxes. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks