• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just brought home my 1st Deuce

Lindsaym151

Well its been a great 4th of july so far!Ijust picked up a 67 Kaiser 17 k on the odo plus a trailor and 130 gallons of diesel with a transfer pump, I only paid 1800.00 NOt a bad deal I think
So to my 1st question how do you add brake fluid to the master cylinder?:driver:

woodcutter

See that little door by your feet on the drivers side? Under there you will find the master cylinder..it could either be DOT-5 or DOT-3, best test to figure out the correct fluid...do not mix. Cosult the TM's for basic and advanced maintenance procedures. They can be found here under resources top of page. Its good to know what your doing before you do it. Congradulations on your new truck! Post some pics so we can see your new rig.

Scooteerr

Idk... But it would seem to be adventagious to put a remote resiviour on... I think they can be bought in the parts for sale area[thumbzup]
And what a great way to celibate the 4th

Flyingvan911

Congratulations on the new truck. Also congratulations on becoming a big truck mechanic. The tech manuals are a must. Become an expert on how your truck works and use Steel Soldiers to the max. The site has tons of info. The search box is very useful but can take a little getting use to.

hionthemountain

bummer:-D

Do you have a camera that takes digital photos ?? if so,

upload the pictures you want to the computer.

then follow Deucenut's instruction .

Last edited:

Deucenut

Hey guys how do i attach photos, Im not savy with the computer!
When you make a post look down in the "Additional Options" section and select "Manage Attachments" from the "Attach Files" box. The browse to the picture you want to attach. There is a size limit so you may have to scale the pictures down.

Welcome, and congrats on the truck.

197thhhc

Congrats on the truck. You need to study up on your truck. You cant just hop in and go like a modern vehicle. You need to have a walk around you do everytime. Gotta be safe. If you do this you will enjoy the truck much more. If not it WILL let you down and they are expensive to get towed. If you are interested in a remote brake reservoir to make checking your fluid easier click on the link in my signature.

RAYZER

Welcome to the site! Sounds like a great deal,depending on the condition,and diesel fuel to boot! Does it have brakes now?

Lindsaym151

Ok here we go , Im going to try to send some pics your way,I dont know how to shrink them I shot them in vga
Your resivoir looks cool! This brake bleeding is going to be a pain in the but:shock: Ok tryed to up load got as far as loading them all and hit upload and nothing! ARGH!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks