• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just curious - daily drivers?

Pappa-G

My daily runner is a 1999 VW TDI that gets 47MPG (oh if my Duce did half that!!) then I have the "Family Truckster" and just some of the others that have come and gone : 1967 M715, 1984 M1009,1963 FC150, several CJ's, 1964 Ford Uni-Body(?) twin boom wrecker and 1996 LT1 police pkg caprice and a boat load of other stuff. ~ Pappa-G

bomar76

My daily rides:

Y2K Ford F250 7.3 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed (lots of performance mods)

and most of the summer:

1994 Baja 22 Caliber TC 5.7 (even more mods)

M36A2

I have 4 daily drivers. The small one just to hop around in the neighbourhood is a Renault mini panel van, completely airbrushed by myself (see: www.renault4paul.web-log.nl )
Second is a 1971 Mercedes 280S, good to haul things, runs good, looks like sht,

third is my Jeep Scrambler, just for sunny days and the other one is my 1969 Cadillac Hearse. (love that last one [^] , great for teasing people)

Desert Rat

Paul,

That 4F6 is soooo cool! Love the paint job! I like the 4's ever since "Romancing The Stone". I've never seen an F6 though. Now I want one! Let's see here.... I'll need another Deuce and the 4F6 to put in back. Now that's a plan!

Dieselsmoke

Bkubu said:
Personally, I think the M1009 and the M151A2 both make good daily drivers.
I used to have a 1009 that was my daily driver. I'm not a Chevy guy by any means but that was a nice dependable rig and got GREAT fuel mileage.
David Pizzoferatto (Weebee Webbing) just drove his fully restored (and quite nice) M151A2 w/M416 all the way out here to our Tower Park get together! That's a heck of a drive in a 151!! :hop:

M36A2

Desert Rat said:
Paul,

That 4F6 is soooo cool! Love the paint job! I like the 4's ever since "Romancing The Stone". I've never seen an F6 though. Now I want one! Let's see here.... I'll need another Deuce and the 4F6 to put in back. Now that's a plan!
Well, I want to sell them all, except the Jeep, Hearse and Model-A, doublty the Ambulance, so we could work out a deal. Which R4F6 are you referring to? I got 6 of them...

I am trying to raise money cause I want to come to the US and find a way to stay there. If not possible, I want to stay there as long as possible so I need money..

Desert Rat

Paul,
PM me prices on all 6. I know down in Cali, Colombia the 4s sell for about $3,000 USD new as of three months ago. The custom paint job on the yellow one is really interesting. Are you also selling the M36A2 as well?

M36A2

Yes, the M36A2 is for sale too. I also have a M313 Expandable Workshop box off a semi trailer which I first planned on mounting on the M36A2 in order to get a M292(A?). But I don't need such a huge camper...

The truck is originally a 1978 AMGeneral but due to some wierd restrictions in the Netherlands it is licenced as a 1966 Kaiser-Jeep. It has the White Whistler Turbo, did about 9000 miles. It got a major rebuilding in 1990 at the USArmy in Germany (Kaiserslautern). I bought it from there with 2300 miles on the odometer. Truck was like new, except for some rusty rockerpanels. It has good tires, good working winch, full canvas, hard-top plus the bows for a soft-top. It is painted in original look MERDC Camouflage colors (I did). I will post some links for pictures.

Desert Rat

Paul,
"PM me" means send me a private message. Just click on the Private Message button on the upper left on the screen and type up a message about the prices on the 4F6s. I'm curious about your asking prices and shipping. I think I can find a shipper but I need to know what overseas lines ship from your closest or most conveinent port to say New York or Miami or Houston (where I'm moving to).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR, did you see the dual tanks on M36A2 Pauls truck? They're both on the same side! Too cool!

M36A2

Hmmm, I just took the rear tank off. It was leaking so now there is only the original 1 tank. I had the second tank mounted because we did several trips to England. I rather have enough fuel with me than buying the expensive dieselfuel in England. I mix my own fuel, half petroleum (kerosine?) and half used engine oil. That's a lot cheaper than buying Diesel overhere at six bucks for one gallon... (thanx to G.B.) :smhair:

Desert Rat

Paul,

Send me a message to my company e-mail, jordgovsurplus@yahoo.com and I'll get connected with you. For some unknown reason I'm having difficulties with your address. Sometimes computers are just overgrown paperweights.
Kenny,

Yep, I sure did. I was about three weeks too late with $2500 to buy a desert camo'd M36 I wanted really bad. The spare tire was mounted behind the rears and had four, yep, FOUR fuel tanks mounted and ready to go. It was at Howard's place. 'Storm was the back-up plan. Looking back though I'm not too sure I could find a box for the M36, maybe splice two if I had the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks