• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just dont see that anymore

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't see what? Silly white star and registration numbers incorrectly applied to a NATO painted truck?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don't see what? Silly white star and registration numbers incorrectly applied to a NATO painted truck?
His truck, he can do what he wants, the star is NOT SILLY, it represents the USA, I am sure a nato painted truck has had the star painted on while still in service, as far as the numbers goes, I have seen numbers applied everywhere.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
His truck, he can do what he wants, the star is NOT SILLY, it represents the USA, I am sure a nato painted truck has had the star painted on while still in service, as far as the numbers goes, I have seen numbers applied everywhere.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?40845-white-star-after-WWII/page3

I am fairly certain that the US military went away from applying the white stars when the MERDC 4 color camo pattern came into use and continued with the current 3 color camo pattern. As this thread mentions, David Doyle's book on military vehicles has a section on markings that can be referenced to be certain. I have had trucks where the white star was painted over and was still faintly visible, but I have never seen a 4 color or 3 color truck with white stars in service. With that said, I agree with you...he can do what he wants. If the guy likes the white star, more power to him. But, I don't think it is "correct" from an application perspective.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, you have your pet peeves and I have mine, I'm not saying the National Symbol itself is silly, I am saying total disregard for military regulations and accuracy on the part of a military vehicle collectir hobbiest is. Only thing worse would be an invasion circle added as well.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Now this is interesting.................................................
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...ter-WWII/page3

I have had to rattlecan paint all over the truck to stop corrosion but not close to the hood, bumpers, or door markings, i.e. star

I have made no changes to the markings, it is the same as one I got it years ago. This post I made was just about chalk on the door as I was happy it is ready to work again. I had lots of stuff to fix.

Gee I thought getting it running good with all new brakes would be enough for you guys......... beer break now.

Attachments

Last edited: