• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just dropped off.... First MV a M1008

TCUCV

You wont get the same fuel economy of a M1009 even if you had the same gearing and same tires as a M1009. You have a dana 60 up front and a Corporate 14 bolt with Locker. These axles have alot more rolling resistance than the 10 bolt axles on the M1009.
+1 :beer:

aekhoff

You wont get the same fuel economy of a M1009 even if you had the same gearing and same tires as a M1009. You have a dana 60 up front and a Corporate 14 bolt with Locker. These axles have alot more rolling resistance than the 10 bolt axles on the M1009.
Yea I understand that... My ultimate goal is to get 20, as I plan to use this partly as a camping vehicle with a truck camper slid in the bed and my aluminum boat dragging behind. I ideally want to reach highway speed at or before 2200 rpm.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The link you posted is for a starter mounted solenoid. It will not work.

You can make any "ford" style solenoid work for the glowplugs as long as the housing is isolated from the mounting bracket (meaning the bracket isn't used to ground the internal coil) The ST85 from Napa is a proven solenoid and is what the military upgraded to as the trucks aged. Of course YMMV.