• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got a 1997 M1078 LMTV.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be an adventure. If you decide to drive, make sure you take supplies and tools. There is a good thread here somewhere with lists of items folks recommend carrying along.

I would also get as much intel on the truck as possible prior. As in operational status of brakes, trans, lights, fluids etc.

tow2gunner

my last one was about 20min from the house and almost mint

don't think I am that brave to actually drive this one though.. a military buddy of mine is going to be picking it up for me, and holding it at their house...
most likely will have it shipped - will be cheaper than fuel to drive it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

wandering neurons

WA to MD!!! You couldn't have found something closer like Aberdeen or Meade? (Says the guy who bought his 2nd hand less than 20 miles from home. And scared self silly with sloppy steering)

tow2gunner

WA to MD!!! You couldn't have found something closer like Aberdeen or Meade? (Says the guy who bought his 2nd hand less than 20 miles from home. And scared self silly with sloppy steering)
made me laugh, I am actualy planning on moving out there, almost have the wife convinced to do the cross country trip with me ( the driving one) she already wants to move there. I bought my generators and trailer from Meade ( 90mile round trip)

I bought my last mv close I was looking at a few others... but..this one caught my eye..

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

tow2gunner

So, finally after many months.. I am finallyseeing my truck!!

$700 for 4 new batteries and will need 1 new tire... But... Yay!!

Gets picked up in 10 days to go back to Maryland !

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Pics

Sorry... others are probably tired of my promoting this.... but please do not stick with tapatalk as your way of posting pictures. Tapatalk is hosting them... as you can tell.... they only provide links. that means when they stop hosting*...... or worse do as Photobucket did..... and hold them ransom..... all the threads with pics hosted by them will become useless drivel on boards like this. The strenght of a bulletin board is its ability to help others.... and the biggest factor of doing that is the strength of it's archives. Archived threads with no pics.... is a useless archive.

You can use tapatalk as the initial way to put the pics here.... it works great for that. then use the links next time your at a desktop to upload the pictures onto this board so they get archived HERE.

Congratulations on your purchase. Look forward to learning from you as you go thru your trials and tribulations of getting her on the road. What is your goals with the truck?

PS... Consider getting a Michelin tire to match the Passenger front.... and use the Goodyear driver front as your spare.

* Every free pic hosting site in the last 30yrs has died after 5 to 10years or service. Photobucket did worse..... instead they changed from free pic hosting to Pay to play... which essentially... will net the same results...

Last edited:

tow2gunner

I get your point - but I don't use desktops ( unless I have to at work.. and these sites are forbidden..)
Truck is finally in the way back to Maryland!! Yay, leaving graham, Wa. on way to Baltimore, MD.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I get your point - but I don't use desktops ( unless I have to at work.. and these sites are forbidden..)
Truck is finally in the way back to Maryland!! Yay, leaving graham, Wa. on way to Baltimore, MD.

I will be around the Baltimore area here in a few weeks of you need tires I can bring them up. Check our classified ad out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tow2gunner

I will be around the Baltimore area here in a few weeks of you need tires I can bring them up. Check our classified ad out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Awesome! I am a bit north of Baltimore in North east,MD

I will check out your classified ad and pm you

hokanson86

Tow2gunner Did you have it shipped if so who did you end up using I live in Washington and am going to bid on one down in Arizona and thinking about having it shipped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks