• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got deuce home have questions.

rongaudier

I realise some of these questions may have been answered in previous posts, but at the risk of being ridiculed for not using the search function I'll ask anyway.

1. How do you start a deuce? There are throttle and engine stop pull knobs sticking out of the dash. The throttle is self explanatory, but the engine stop I'm not sure of. Does it need to be in to turn the fuel on like my diesel tractor?
Also, there is a big toggle labled "accessory" does that need to be on too?
I did see the red start button. There is also a manifold heater switch, what's the story on that?

2. All my gages are missing, fortunately the wires and cables were not cut.
There is a speedo cable and tach cable as well as an air hose. The rest of the gages must be electric as there is a bundle of electric wires down there as well. The wires have numbered metal tags on them. Does anyone know which gage position those numbered tags correspond with?

Aside from the missing gages the truck appears complete and solid. It has a couple of new-looking batterys that are being charged right now. It looks like all the fluids are up, so I'm thinking once the batterys are charged going ahead and trying to start it. I'm also going to have to bleed the brakes.

Hey guys, any suggestions will be appreciated.

DavidB

Please read the MANUALS at least the 10 version before you go any further.You may damage or destroy something or someone.The Deuce is not a toy to be taken lightly. PLEASE READ FIRST
DavidB!

Boatcarpenter

Hey rongaudier,
I see in your profile you are a pilot. Did they make you read the instruction manual before they let you fly it? I'll bet they did.
Perhaps you should read the instruction manual for your "Deuce" before you take off in it.
It could save your life and the lives of many others also.
Go to the resources section of this forum and find out all about your truck in the "Technical Manuals" section.
You will be thrilled with the amount of good information there.:-D.
BC

PS. Have you checked the brake fluid??

alanb

and then read all the threads under the Duece forum. I have been reading for 2 months before
purchasing and picking up my Duece and it made all the difference in the world.
Good Luck and read, read, read. You'll be glad you did.:beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with the TM 9-2320-361-10 Operators Manual. It tells you what all the switches, gauges, lights etc are for. It also walks you thru the startup procedure.

DO NOT drive the truck until you at leats get the air gauge replaced. With out it you will not build air preasure for the brakes. Also would you run the engine without an oil preasure guage? I have none it just to test an engine but never to drive it.

You might see if there is someone in the El Paso/Midlan/Odessa area that owns a Deuce and will wlak you thru all the preflight checks.

Last edited:

fasttruck

Read the reading. Figure out the Army's publication system. -10 tells what the switches and knobs do. -20 should have an electric diagram that tells what those numbered tags mean so when you get an instrument panel you can plug in the correct wires to the correct gauges. Undersdtand how the brakes work before you run into something important. Grease is cheap and air is free. Parts and tires cost money. Be guided accordingly.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in college station, I pass through bastrop every so often. If you really REALLY want to know more about the deuce come to the Bi-Annual Texas MV Rally here. If my next euc clears lickedy-split like the first ill swing by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks