• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got my first genset MEP-831A

So i pulled the trigger on a new factory battery and figured to just cry once. I switched over the cables and hooked the new battery up, filled up the fuel and oil and replaced all the filters. The old girl fired right up without any issues after just a few tries. I did notice the shut down switch didn't shut her down so I had to open the cover and manually shut it down. Also have a pretty decent oil leak at the drain spout, so I will have to give it a look and see whats going on. Best case maybe a new gasket or O-ring, worst case I will just pull out the old RTV and seal the old girl up.

It seems to be running a little rough but I need to fix the leak first and then run it longer. Also had the oil pressure light on but figure thats due to the leak? So its a project and I'm having fun and hopefully its a reliable little unit.

Another Ahab

It seems to be running a little rough but I need to fix the leak first and then run it longer. Also had the oil pressure light on but figure thats due to the leak? So its a project and I'm having fun and hopefully its a reliable little unit.
Funny that you mention that, because the oil pressure light in my car was staying on after start-up, so figuring I had a problem I took it by a mechanic (yeah, wish I knew the science, but I don't), and ends out it was only a problem with the sending unit TO the light (or what I was told anyway). So you never know I guess.

I might trade in the car for a bicycle:

- Don't ask me what the replacement cost of that sending unit.

It made my eyes moist.

crying.jpg

Johny5

I did notice the shut down switch didn't shut her down so I had to open the cover and manually shut it down.
Did you ever get this figured out? I just picked up my first 831A, got it fired up and had the same issue. Of course I didn't read the TM first, so there was a little big of panic of, I started this gen, I have no way to shut it down if something bad happens (as this was the first test run).

I have looked at the TM a little and i did see the troubleshooting steps but I haven't had time to work on it.