• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got my m35a3 from maryland

gem1410

Just received the 2 m35a3 trucks out of maryland--i never owned one of these before and they are great--my frieend phil delivered the trucks for me--they both start and both transmissions work--they shift around 2600rpm--the truck almost has to be wide open for them to shift--the larger tires wobble some but it is a great ride--the engines sound tight and well balanced--the transmissions seem to be set up for max loads as they shift abruptly through the gears--the air system for the tires is real neat--has different settings and actually works--takes along time to fill the tires--these have been coming down in price and if you get one they are worth keeping--george

Attachments

91W350

Nice looking trucks, I have no idea if the high rpm shifting is correct. Nice photo of the snake, is that a common garter snake? Hard to tell from this angle, but the splotch pattern looks correct. I found one about a month ago crossing a bridge ramp, I was quite surprised as it had been snowy a few days before. Glen

gem1410

The snakes love living around the trucks--when I walk up to the snakes they just stare at me--they dont move--big plus is the snakes are easy to take care of--just cant ride the mower over them

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
George that first photo of the trucks on the hauler is a calendar shot for sure! Congratulations on the purchase and thanks for posting!

Rick

Bolkbich

phil is a great guy...hes old faithful... he knows the bases very well. hes picked up my m818 and my m923 with no issuses. im sure phil was ecstatic with the snake....

Attachments

punkdaddie

The high RPM shifting is normal on the Allison, I had mine power flushed and had transyn put in it. I jumped in and ran it from SLC to Park City, from 3800 feet to 8000 feet and I was passing semis and motorhomes all the way. It is an awesome truck.

mikey

Very nice a3's George!

The snake in the photo is an eastern garter snake which is about to shed as evidenced by the cloudy eyes.

I never understood why anyone would kill non venomous snake. People need to understand that snakes control populations of other less desirables such as insects, spiders and in the case of the rat snakes... RATS....

mikey

Hi Mikey--I was wondering what kind of snakes they are--This time of year they are all around my place--Do these snakes have a black and red tongue
Colors and patterns can vary quite a bit between sub species, you can find them with solid red or red and black tongues.

They are totally harmless and feed mostly on earthworms, toads and slugs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ripcord01

My son found one in the yard on Sunday and was freaked, my dog went over picked it up and ran around the yard with it. Dumb dog.. I think he was protecting my son. But back to topic. the trucks are very good looking.