• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just little things now I think....

travistodd1

A big thank you to everyone who helped me get my 817 on the road. I sent the original fuel pump off and had it rebuilt. It starts, runs and idles as it should. I even drove it around the block today! I have several little things to start tackling now, most of which I have identified and ordered the parts for. I just don't want to stand outside in 108 degree weather to work on it.

Big question, is there something I can install to help prevent the seat from bottoming out? I am a good sized person and my seat spring can't take my weight. I end up bottoming out on even the smallest stuff. Kinda hard on my bum...

Again, thank you everyone.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Buy an air ride seat. New are under $400 for a nice one. Or used from a truck yard.

809 series cabs are 10in narrower than m939 cabs. Only downside of those trucks.

Swapping to an 18inch steering wheel helps a bunch as well

travistodd1

Buy an air ride seat. New are under $400 for a nice one. Or used from a truck yard.

809 series cabs are 10in narrower than m939 cabs. Only downside of those trucks.

Swapping to an 18inch steering wheel helps a bunch as well
I was thinking of going the air ride route. I found one not far from here. I may swap to a smaller steering wheel also, I'm pushing it with the one that's in there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was thinking of going the air ride route. I found one not far from here. I may swap to a smaller steering wheel also, I'm pushing it with the one that's in there.
Any 7/8" shaft 36spline wheel works. Was common on tractors

77 AMG

You can also raise the steering column up about 3/4 inch on the dash and get some "relief" from having the steering wheel try to start a fire in your lap when you have to turn the wheel in a hurry. Just make sure to re-set the lower mount!