Just painted my 1083 camper with RAPCO 383 GREEN

HN6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2'' such 40 pipe is very stout for a rack. I am going to use 1'' or 1 1/4 for mine. I am sure you know this as you have obviously done a great job on your build.. welding included.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would agree, but I am a cheap A$$ and a full auto browning mounted on a turret - outside in the rain - is just a little more than I could stomach. Funny how when those things are "supplied to you by uncle", it isn't nearly as stressful. I figure if it gets that bad, I would rather have an armored vehicle rather than a sheetmetal box with a turret ring on top of it.

The AC that I have installed on the turret insert is pretty neat but if I had the split system that you have in the back of your box @chucky I think I would be using that to cool my cab... Maybe that isn't possible, but that sure seems like a heck of a deal.

I put a luggage rack on top pf my M936. More as a light rack than anything . I didn't make ladders so the luggage part would be a real pain...

If you build one, I sure would think what I have seen needs improvement. The ladder beside the door LOOKS cool, but I can't see how the heck it would be possible to put more than a small suitcase up on top of the cab in the designs I have seen so far...

The front window protector would be a NICE addition.
Yes i thought of just leaving the pass thru whole open and a overhead fan to vacume the cold air out of the box into the cab if it got too hot but im not planning on being in that cab very often im not hauling freight with the thing just rarely changing campsites here locally i have such great places close to go on private land so its just me and the cattle oh and the dancers (of coarse ) !!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2'' such 40 pipe is very stout for a rack. I am going to use 1'' or 1 1/4 for mine. I am sure you know this as you have obviously done a great job on your build.. welding included.
THANK YOU !! I just really want 2 pipes starting just above the grill to go up make the turn over the top of the windshield then angle to meet the top of the box so a limb would follow the pipe up and over the front of the box and have 6 or 8 crossbars

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be using 1.5" OD tube for the lower front stuff (windshield protection, light mounts, etc) and 2" square for the rack above the roof, I think it's .120" wall. I have no aspirations of using the turret hole and I do intend to incorporate some sort of fairing to the end result. I also intend to have a winch crane mount on it as well, as I have no desire to actually carry anything up a ladder to store it up there.

HN6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THANK YOU !! I just really want 2 pipes starting just above the grill to go up make the turn over the top of the windshield then angle to meet the top of the box so a limb would follow the pipe up and over the front of the box and have 6 or 8 crossbars

1'' sch 40 pipe is plenty to make branches go up and over.

Just to confuse you a little.... I drive thru a lot of thick trees/brush and one thing I noticed is that something meant to deflect will more often than not catch a branch and make it get stuck and cause more damage. Also the deflectors only work good going forward. In reverse it grabs everything and jams it against the truck.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be using 1.5" OD tube for the lower front stuff (windshield protection, light mounts, etc) and 2" square for the rack above the roof, I think it's .120" wall. I have no aspirations of using the turret hole and I do intend to incorporate some sort of fairing to the end result. I also intend to have a winch crane mount on it as well, as I have no desire to actually carry anything up a ladder to store it up there.
Thats what the dancers are for to go up the ladder !!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay. If that is what the ladders are all about - I need some for my truck too! :)
Why yea were too old to be on them ladders i saw it on a leaf gaurd commercial the other morning we might fall and break a hip and then we cant keep up with the dancers so sit back and enjoy you be surprised how many things will need to go up on the roof then come back down it keeps there legs all toned up from climbing the ladder

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why yea were too old to be on them ladders i saw it on a leaf gaurd commercial the other morning we might fall and break a hip and then we cant keep up with the dancers so sit back and enjoy you be surprised how many things will need to go up on the roof then come back down it keeps there legs all toned up from climbing the ladder
And maybe one of those blue fiberglass slides so we can hinge them from the edge of the roof and pump warm baby oil down the slide and they can slide down into a plastic pool of jello it will be great ! We can drive the trucks around from collage to collage frat parties and rent our truck you can print us some banners for the sides of the truck that say GIRLS GONE WILD IN O.D. GREEN ! Im already packing my bags and were gona need a sheitload of green jello !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And maybe one of those blue fiberglass slides so we can hinge them from the edge of the roof and pump warm baby oil down the slide and they can slide down into a plastic pool of jello it will be great ! We can drive the trucks around from collage to collage frat parties and rent our truck you can print us some banners for the sides of the truck that say GIRLS GONE WILD IN O.D. GREEN ! Im already packing my bags and were gona need a sheitload of green jello !
NOW i want you all to go to youtube and search (toll booth blazing saddles) thats what i was trying to refer too

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks