• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up M109a3 --Got lucky--Need some parts

gem1410

I just picked up an m109a3 in NJ--All purchased and on sale vehicles are moved to a secure area for pick-up and inspections--That made things easy--I jumped the truck and after the fourth crank it started--missed and smoked until I hit the highway and then cleared up--I ran home at 2200 rpm--The speedometer said 42mph but my friend following said it was more like 52mph --The tires are 90% and the engine looked very clean and had been rebuilt --The EUC took one month to clear--The longest time ever--I paid $2600 including the fees--The truck and box are in good shape with some dents I did not see till I got home--Overall it was a great trip with no surprises--I do need a rear door handle assembly for the box If anyone has one for sale or knows where I can find one--Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

m109guy

Looks really good. Yours is a rare one to have all the window shades still in place. Many M109's have some if not all of them missing.

Seems like you got a free locker in the back of the truck and it seems to be locked. Have you been able to open it to see if there are any goodies inside?

I can't help you with the handle but if you can't source an original, it is just a standard type of turning handle you could probably find at a supply store.

Any special plans for the truck?

gem1410

My brother has 3 young sons and will use it camping--You did a great job on your truck--Lots of extra effort--What brand paint did you shoot on the exterior and what thiner did you use

Last edited:

m109guy

Thanks. It is turning out to be a nice truck.

M109s are great for converting to campers. I am sure yours will work out great.

My paint doesn't have a brand name on it. It is a blank paint can with the color printed on a sticker on the side. I get it from a company up here. But officially it is: 34052 Lusterless Marine Forest Green. I am sure you can source it from several different places.

I didn't use any thinner. I like my paint thick on the MV's and my paint gun was able to handle it straight from the can. Though my paint gun is not cheap, so that helps in being able to handle the thick paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks