• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up my 1970 M35A2

LiqTenEXp

I picked up my deuce and a half today after picking from a huge selection of them.

Runs great, starts right up.

Took it on a 75 mile trip home, OP held well, temp never went over 185, air pressure stayed @ 90. It ran up to about 56+ mph without a problem. Very strong feeling.

It doesn't have any noticeable leaks or creaks.

Just needs a few minor fixes:

Replace both Headlamps (already purchased)
Fix one out running lamp (already have bulbs)
Fix air horn, solenoid works, it blows some air but it seems to be clogged a little. anyone run into this before?
Heater motor isn't working (typical? I still have to verify it's getting power)
Could use new cab canvas seats and cover but ok for now
Replacement passenger side wiper motor (already have)
Need to re-tube one tire

I really would like to get locking door handles, I will search around here for links unless someone's feeling extra generous, lol.

Once that is all done I will address some of the small rust spots here and there. It is really in fairly decent shape.

Whatcha guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

baxter

I would like to say welcome to the SS site there is a wealth of info to be had here. You have a nice truck there enjoy the ride .

LiqTenEXp

I love that all the TM/TOs are available for DL.

I've already read through the -10 and -20 TM.

I was looking at a set of seat canvas' from Newlifecanvas.com, are their products/pricing good?

LiqTenEXp

its missing a part haha.

It's like the portion that has the button that pops out. BTW what is the point of that button? It doesn't seem to do anything on the working one.

Last edited:

nkawtg

Search, search, search....there are members who have installed locking door handles. Also, there are a variety of other slick security measures that members have done that may interest you.

LiqTenEXp

im not new to forums so you don't have to give me the search rant. that's why i mentioned i would be searching around above. actually the only reason why i mentioned locking handles was because I found it come up in search :)

Last edited:

LiqTenEXp

yeah, they guard had extended the stick length in the back and put some cheesy plywood up.

At the local gas station we literally beat it off the truck and im going to put them back to the correct length so the top can go back on.

LiqTenEXp

What the deal with getting plates for these?

I have a title, bill of sale, and insurance so far. how long did it take to get plates?

LiqTenEXp

Got a bunch of stuff fixed today.

Right Rear driving light bulb replaced
Horn rebuilt
Cleaned up all the crazy rib height extension "mods" and misc wires that don't belong in the back
started to see what I need to complete the ribs i the back and seats (missing some minimal hardware)

Still have to:
Replace Passenger wiper module (already have replacement)
Get one extra piece of wood and hardware for the ribs in the back
fix a tiny leak on the fitting at the output of the compressor
get some extra bolts for the bench seats
fix heater motor (lowest priority)
R/R headlamps (ordered them)
start the rust prevention/cleanup on the surface rust

Took a look at the filters and they look newer, pulled the air cleaner filter and it looked like new almost. I still have to drain the oil/fuel filters.