• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up my first MV

armadillofz1

been wanting one for years. so i went for it. picked up a great m35a2 on ebay. the guy was great and even helped me load my motorcycle into the back for the return trip. i'll just need a few things to make it perfect. truck was repainted and cleaned to a T.

looking forward to asking plenty of dumb questions in the future.

Last edited:

bryan70546

Now thats a awesome pic , My 2 year old loves riding in the DOUCHE , Thats how she says it , Cracks me up everytime, What kind of bike do you have ? Congrates and welcome to the site you have reached the holy grail of knowlege right here On SS:-D

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Armadillo! This summer I met some friendly SS members in your town, so I know you will have some great resources available to you nearby. When you get the time, why not post some more photos of your truck and tell us your plans for it.

Rick

salafrae

you sure are the youngest member by far! skipped the trucycle and headed into the MV's eh?

haha, im joking- really though welcome aboard. :)

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck and a cute co-pilot you have there!! You probably won't be able to get her out of it anytime soon either. My 15yo daughter figured out how to start and stop my (hers!, as I was informed) deuce on day two!

Welcome to the club and now ya need a CUCV and a trailer!!! MV's are very addictive!

DieselBob

Welcome to the site. congratulations on the "new" truck. [thumbzup] There is a wealth of knowledgeable folks here. Also if you haven't downloaded the TM's yet go to the resource tab under the Steel Soldiers logo, then technical manuals and get the LO 9-2320-209-12-1, TM 9-2320-361-10, TM 9-2320-361-20 which will help with the " what is this" or "how do you" type info.

armadillofz1

here's another shot of my new toy.

i'd like to give some kudos to the guy i bought it from. George in tom's river New Joisey. got a great deal on an insanely clean truck. paperwork was all in order and i had a tag on it the next day. when i had a small problem on the ride home, he offered to send me a tow truck on his dollar. and he's sending me a replacement part that failed free of charge. i'm not affiliated with him just had a great purchasing experience.

Attachments

PorscheTech911

Great looking truck and cute kid! I bet she'll love sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive it! Welcome to the board! The guys and gals here are awesome and answer all my dumb questions without hesitance, you'll like it here :-D

BugEyeBear

Wecome to SS!!

Nice looking truck! :-D

Seller sounds like a nice & stand-up guy!
ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR!!

Great advise & help is available here for the asking.
REALLY HELPS to know that others have been there before you when a problem crops up!
Just be careful to "weed out" the "less-experienced" advice from the accurate, correct, & useful advise.
All advice here is well intended, some is simply better than others...

Oh, & your daughter is adorable!
Before long you'll be buying another MV for her!

Welcome Armadillo! This summer I met some friendly SS members in your town, so I know you will have some great resources available to you nearby. When you get the time, why not post some more photos of your truck and tell us your plans for it.

Rick

Hey Rick,
The Farm is not the same without Timmy the Deuce.
Wondering how you made out with customs in Fla.
Did you get your truck home?
I was hanging out at the local watering hole with Armadillo
the night he drove it home. The drunks thought they were
seeing double. He made a major score with this truck. Very clean!

davidkroberts

Congrats on the purchase and glad the experience is going good for you so far. It seems that overall decency and fairdealing seems to be the rule not the exception in the hobby.

Great pics with the kids and im glad you got a m35 first. Towing the second and third vehicle/trailer/generator/who knows will be so much easier now that you have a good tow vehicle. now that you have the truck READ THE MANUAL!!!!!! it will save you lots of headaches in the future, trust me.

armadillofz1

I almost bought a deuce last week but got laid off from my second job the morning i was to go pick it up. so i quickly pulled the plug on the whole project. Oddly it was my wife who suggested i go back and finnish buying it. meanwhile she found this one in NJ. one of those deals where it looked too good to be true. not only did it lack rust (cancer) it was repainted very well. interior was almost new and dash and floor was repainted as well.

here's a shot before i left to come home.

Attachments