• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just purchased a M1123 on Gov Planet - Reno NV area

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ve been told the deep water fording kit can be a liability if you forget and leave things pressured up. I’m told you blow seals.

IIRC, it was RWH who told me BUT im hoping I’m not misquoting.

Last edited:

Thunderbirds

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and help...

Nice looking truck. You're lucky to get some of the deep water fording parts like the exhaust. They did take the CDR valve and most likely the container. Just like on my M1123 that I just got a few months back.

I took the liberty to look over the GP sale add of your truck. You do have a transmission leak, and looks to be radiator cooling leak. Get these fixed before you do much other repair or run the truck for any length.

Also, the DOT on your tire looks to be around 2008. Just like mine. I drove it for a while, the blew one tire. I replaced all 4 from Feltz tires online. Great replacements, load range E, mounted on 24 bolt rims with runflats, delivered just over $1K. A little sticker shock at the time, but soooo well worth it after the fact.

Get all your fluids replaced. Wait on the transmission and coolant until you have that figured out and fixed.

And, as others will remind you, post plenty of pics and keep asking questions (after you reads the TMs of course... 😆 )

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess there is a different CDR for HMMWV with the deep water fording kits. I would like to see if I can get it running this week, what are people's thoughts on just using a regular for a short time ( few minutes / hours of run time ) until I get the Deep Water Fording version?
Be VERY careful with that missing CDR valve, you now have a direct opening into the intake manifold, one little nut,washer or any other trash gets in there and the motor is TOAST!
The very first thing you need to do is get one on that motor!!