• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just scored my first deuce

m38inmaine

Well, only minutes ago I got my first deuce. Its a gov liquidation unit hot of the auction block as of today. Mechanicsburg, PA, if anyone is close by perhaps I could enlist some help when its time to pick it up. I will be driving it(hopefully)back to Maine, 700+ miles. I have driven a couple to and from there before from Maine when I was assigned to a transportation company in the guard. Thanks for looking.
Oh yes and the price, $3,500.00

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent M35A2 w/w!! Looks to be complete and in good shape from your little photos. Make sure you take some pics of your voyage home and post a complete write-up in the MV Roadtrips forum! Good luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations sir ,you just got a 13,000 pound, spanking new baby!! That truck caught my eye as I have browsed the GL site. I am about in the middle of your upcoming trip. Keep in touch and let me know what driving route you will be taking. [thumbzup] Have you done an EUC before?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: congrats

Looks pretty good to me, congratulations! :beer:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck and congrats. This site is a wealth of info. Definitely take road trip pics.

m38inmaine

Thanks for all the replys! I live in Machias, I am about 4hours north east of Portland. I was hoping to get it at a better price but since the description mentioned running engine, transmission I figured the price would bump up. The one I really wanted was in Minnesota but it went above $4500 and thats 1700+ mile trip, and shipping quotes were 2-4000 dollars. This was my second choice but from what I can see it looks pretty solid. This will be my first EUC, I will fax it today. I have a security clearance at work and a hazmat endorsement with homeland security so I think it should go through fairly quickly, I hope! Now just starting to collect some spares for the trip home.

I see there is no heater in the cab and I sure need it here. If anyone has a heater kit I would appreciate a contact, I spoke with one member here but he has not gotten back. Thanks again, and I will be sure and update and take plenty of roadtrip pictures.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guy great catch and I will be glad to come up and help you with it if I get enough notice I will even take leave to be off for it. I might even be up to helping you drive it to Maine since I have relatives in Mass and would take the AMTRAC home. My duece started right up and I drove it almost 400 miles without issue. Especially since you are in the Guard you should be able to drive it all the way home in your uniform, the Guard has all kinds of special privileges like that. PM me if you need my help.

patch

Hey Mark, looks like you found a good one. I may have an extra heater here, not sure about the hoses and ducts, tho. And I'll add my name to the list if ya need a co-driver for the trip. I'm in southern Maine...JK

m38inmaine

Thanks for the reply patch, I have a line on a complete kit just waiting to hear back from him. I will contact you when the EUC clears.

Mark

cten

Good Luck! Looks great! I remember seeing this one too and remembered I already had one...
Hope the EUC goes quickly. I think mine took 5-6 weeks when I purchased.

Bidding is the stressful part. Waiting for the EUC is like watching a pot of water boil.

Hope your trip goes well. If I remember right there use to be a post it on the site of what to bring with you if you intended to drive the truck home. I could have saved myself $1,500.00 and drove it home myself from VA, but I was not willing to take that chance having never bought sight unseen through GL. I lucked out too.

Best Wishes and God Speed. You will more than likely be traveling within 1 mile of my house off of rte95 on your way to ME.

Regards,