• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just took in a m101a1

Guyfang

Staff member
The trailer data plate is not the origanal plate. Sometime in the trailes life, it was replaced at a refeb program, or because it was unreadable. Still, its good. The Gen set PU data plate tells you what PU set it was, and that it had a 3 KW gen set in it. If you want to know what TM covers the Gen set portion, I can give it to you.

Attachments

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That spare tire carrier I believe comes from the M37 and are impossible to find. What a lot of people do is switch the light bulbs to Leds that will run from 10v to 30v. Brighter lights and the ability to hook up the trailer to 12v or 24v with no concern. A popular auction site has 12 pin military to 4 pin flat or 7 pin civilization plugs. The wood can be replaced with mahogany and with a little linseed oil looks really sharp. Nice find.

Mark1589220296964.jpg

Last edited:
That spare tire carrier I believe comes from the M37 and are impossible to find. What a lot of people do is switch the light bulbs to Leds that will run from 10v to 30v. Brighter lights and the ability to hook up the trailer to 12v or 24v with no concern. A popular auction site has 12 pin military to 4 pin flat or 7 pin civilization plugs. The wood can be replaced with mahogany and with a little linseed oil looks really sharp. Nice find.

MarkView attachment 834343
Thanks Mark I really like it so far

Dave

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell us about this one, and the materials used! Bravo!
I built this trailer to be light. It basically was designed to replace sleeping in shelter halves. The idea was to have something dry, off the ground and bug proof. The walls were 1/4” plywood framed with 1 X 2. The windows were vinyl basement windows. These gave us good ventilation and screens to keep the bugs out. The “bows” were 3/4” EMT bent to fit. The cover was a vinyl cover for an M880. It had windows front and rear that gave us light even when the cover was down.

We needed this for an event we used to do at the Henry Ford museum called Motor Muster. It was one of the biggest classic car shows in the country. Those of us with military vehicles were allowed to camp out over the week end but the tent/vehicle had to be period correct. I pulled it with my 1953 M37. One year we took first place in the military vehicle category. That little trailer was a lot of fun... I sold it once I got my M934 “ motor home” done. Now we go to weekend events and take a nice shower at the end of the day.😜

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks