• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just took in a m101a1

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All M series vehicles, including trailers, are 24 volt unless someone coverts them to 12 volt. Your trailer may just have 12 volt bulbs on the tail lights. You can purchase LED tail lights that will work on 12 or 24 volts. I left the stock 24 volt tail lights on mine so I could tow it with M37. I added a set of 12 volt lamps and separate wiring with a civilian 7 pin plug so I could also tow it with my pickup. That was before M series LED tail light assembly’s were available.

Ok thanks Bill, can someone tell me what number female plug I would need to use on my adapter for the male trailer plug? I found so many different kinds I wasn't sure. Is there only one type of 12 pin female?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pinout on the mil plug is standard however some have additional pins such as the ones on the deck of a tractor. Still, these are okay to use.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok thanks Bill, can someone tell me what number female plug I would need to use on my adapter for the male trailer plug? I found so many different kinds I wasn't sure. Is there only one type of 12 pin female?
Take a look at this... https://www.xm381.com/Civi_to_Mil_Info.html
These folks have a “ plug and play” adaptor. I bought one to connect a military vehicle to a 12 volt trailer and it works just fine . They also make units to go the other way.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any ideas on a good place to mount a license plate? I thought about putting it on the tailgate by spotting some studs on to attach it. But if someone has a better idea I'm all ears. Thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several guys have used strong magnet stud mounts to mount the tag on tailgate.

It stays put without drilling holes and can be removed for parades/car shows or before heavy work to prevent damage.

Trailer Tags aren’t required in Oklahoma unless for commercial use so I don’t have experience in best place to mount one.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the wiring harness......I found (since I had a bunch of connectors lying around) it super easy to buy a 7 pin plug, a length of cable, and use the military connectors and just tie right into the military connectors. Probably spent only about 30-40 bucks on everything. If I want the military NATO plug in I just unplug the connectors and hook the old one back in. I love how the medial number bands make it super easy to rewire. works with 4 or 7 pin connectors. Tons of wiring diagrams. Just need to label the new connector wires.

And magnets work great. They are made for dealer plates. Only issue is if your state requires them to be illuminated at night

On the wiring harness......I found (since I had a bunch of connectors lying around) it super easy to buy a 7 pin plug, a length of cable, and use the military connectors and just tie right into the military connectors. Probably spent only about 30-40 bucks on everything. If I want the military NATO plug in I just unplug the connectors and hook the old one back in. I love how the medial number bands make it super easy to rewire. works with 4 or 7 pin connectors. Tons of wiring diagrams. Just need to label the new connector wires.

And magnets work great. They are made for dealer plates. Only issue is if your state requires them to be illuminated at night
Thanks flyfishtrailer! I actually bought the pieces I needed and built something similar to that to fit my flat plug it worked first try. I do need to label it though like you mentioned. I bet for the light someone makes a magnetic LED that would work.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks flyfishtrailer! I actually bought the pieces I needed and built something similar to that to fit my flat plug it worked first try. I do need to label it though like you mentioned. I bet for the light someone makes a magnetic LED that would work.
Or just mount the led light to a magnet? Good idea.

Matherrien

Got my first trailer I don't know much about them but I am learning so if anyone can give me any info I would appreciate it. From what I can tell it was a mobile power trailer as it has a box inside labeled Gen1 and Gen 2 with leads but someone had removed the generators. Also it has a stabilizer leg folded under the trailer. It has its original markings which I know nothing about other than the tire pressure one. Is there a way to decode what they mean? I thought maybe Fleet Hospital or something similar. I had to remove one of the bows to bring it home because it was in poor shape and about to break. Here are some pics:

View attachment 821575View attachment 821576View attachment 821578
Can you tell me what tire pressure was recommended on the markings?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks