• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just wanted to share!

andybritt2002

I'm not actually mounting them. Luckily they came on the rim. I'm just cleaning them up and putting them on. Unfortunately I have hit a snag. The last dual lugs were put on entirely too tight. I got all of the outside lugs off, and 5 of the inner thimbles using a deuce lug wrench and six foot bar. The fifth one had to be heated quite a bit before it gave in, and the sixth one is still on there. We heated it until it was red and it still wouldn't let go. It looks like I'm either going to have to take it to the truck shop or I'll have to cut it off.

aua
Get ya a 1" drive impact from Harborfreight for about $150. Its the best money youll ever spend. If it doesnt take it off it will break it. around 1500ft/lb of torque. they also have a good 1/2" brand called Earthquake, it was like $80 for the 1/2" impact and its built like the more expensive snap on models etc. Its supposively up to 635ft lb or something it does stuff my other 1/2" impacts were never able to do.

I was going to do a singles conversion a year ago before I upgraded my air tools.... I changed my mind for a bit when I couldnt get my lug nuts off with a 48" 3/4 breaker bar with a piece of pipe on the end, standing on the handle rofl
The studs/rims dont self center either when you put them on so its nice peace of mind knowing they are TIGHT putting it back together too.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like them so far. I haven't done much over 30 around the local area, but they handle MUCH better than the NDCCs. Steering is easier, the ride is more smooth, and it handles better. The wheel doesn't return to center as fast as it did, but it's good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks