• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won a M1152A1 and have questions...

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know about California and all the BS... (being on of them dam Californians who moved out) The scales use to say "no pickups" and I would be driving my pickup... they don't say that anymore? I do know the Nevada Route... also through Utah on The 15 (I15 for non Californians)

I am on the same wet side as you but up a bit more north in soho county (northeast of shitattle)
if nothing else, not seeing any other vehicles on the road for 100 miles at a time was a bit of a novelty, and driving through whatever "national forest" that was that had scrub pines spaced 100 feet apart was amusing.

I don't know if the scales still say no pickups, but not having to deal with the drivers might be worth the couple of extra hours (which might balance out simply because of the cali drivers).

As long as the trailer is rated/registered for 10k lbs or less you don't have to stop at their scales according to the internet.

spankybear

It can be done but I dont recommend it for several reasons. Just make your truck correct. :cool:
Just make your truck correct... he said to an ocd person... I think I now know what ECV stands for.... Extra Cash Variable EEEEGAD just ordered the correct ECV retainers... $$$$ Are the ECV retainers thicker?

Autonomy_Lost

Just make your truck correct... he said to an ocd person... I think I now know what ECV stands for.... Extra Cash Variable EEEEGAD just ordered the correct ECV retainers... $$$$ Are the ECV retainers thicker?
Yes and thats one of the reasons I recommend getting the right ones.

To make the older thin ones work, you'll have to either fill the holes in the retainer somehow and drill the holes in the right places, or add more holes in your windshield frame, which is obviously not something most people would want to do.

HMMWV stands for high maintanence money wasting vehicle.

spankybear

Yes and thats one of the reasons I recommend getting the right ones.

To make the older thin ones work, you'll have to either fill the holes in the retainer somehow and drill the holes in the right places, or add more holes in your windshield frame, which is obviously not something most people would want to do.

HMMWV stands for high maintanence money wasting vehicle.
I would hate to see what you call a LMTV... :)

spankybear

Here I wait in anticipation... Isn't there a song... anyway I have been looking at the picture of what issues I can find with my truck. Looking at the parking break cable things I am missing the clevis pins on both sides. Also I don't think the nut and bolt is correct. Are these just standard clevis pins? Do you know what size they are is they are.

Attachments

spankybear

Just make your truck correct... Oh boy the OCD... anyway I see the heat shield is missing on the exhaust pipe by the trans. Now looking at new pipes I see there are 2 different pipes. Part number 12460487 2990-01-422-2826 and 12460487-6 2990-01-568-8367. Looks like they are both active... Anyway how important is this heat shield?

Attachments

spankybear

So I have all the glass, gaskets and trim... Truck has had the EUC approved and now waiting on the shipper... I took a trip down to Doyle to pick up a M1101 trailer.... Horrible weather and that cured me of wanting another road trip. Can't wait to give the truck some much needed TLC.