• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JW Speaker headlights

Jeepsinker

I was at NAPA today and was informed by the counter man that they now sell led headlights like the ones on my truck. He showed me a sale brochure and, as it turned out they were the JW speaker headlights. They are the 7" round multivolt lights. They don't have the military wire connectors, but that's no problem. They are selling them ( at least at my store) for $199 each. Just thought some of you guys might like to know.

welldigger

Castlebravo has a set of the jw speaker headlights in his m1070. He seems to like them. I have come across a few jeep guys with them and I'll just be blunt, the trucklites aren't even close in brightness or beam projection.

I have no idea how durable they are. They seem to be well liked on jeepforum. $199 seems pretty cheap if I'm thinking of the same lights. I remember them being around $800 for a pair not long ago.

Jeepsinker

Well, they are half that now. $199 each. I don't know, maybe having the military connectors doubles the price. If I have another failure with the trucklite headlights I'll buy a pair of the speakers and try them out.

welldigger

None of them I have seen were for military trucks. They are generic 7" round lights. Usually advertised for jeep wranglers. Not that it's a big deal to add the connectors.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have had good luck with my trucklite headlights(they are working!), but if they go bad, I'm going H4.

Jeepsinker

Not a bad way to go, but I went to the led lights to drop my amperage draw on my electrical system. That's really the only reason I did it, I was fine with the lighting of the originals. I'm not hard to please though.

welldigger

Kc is making led headlights also. Judging by what I have been reading they seem to be between trucklite and jw speaker in both quality and price.

6x6TRex

That's pretty cool Jake ! I currently have the H4 lights and like them just fine, but if I ever wanted the LED look this is a good way to do it !
That style led light is junk, exposed wires with multiple connections, only 1800 lumens and only a 1 year warranty

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/h4_led_bulb_h4_led_headlight_bulbs
2000 lumens low beam/2600 lumens high beam 10-32 volts with a lifetime warranty

I have them on my Dakota and love them, going to be seeing how good the warranty is as I had the low beam quit on one

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That style led light is junk, exposed wires with multiple connections, only 1800 lumens and only a 1 year warranty

I have them on my Dakota and love them, going to be seeing how good the warranty is as I had the low beam quit on one
How long have you had them before the low beam quit? Please post back up with how their customer service is.

welldigger

I was just posting an example. I do like what you posted a lot better. They do look better made. Keep us posted on the warranty issue. Hopefully they don't hassle you about it.

rustystud

I've had them for about a year. Going to be contacting them this week but I'll post how it goes
If you have trouble after only a year, then I'll stick with my H4 lights. I have yet to see a LED that will last on a motor vehicle. Our busses have all gone to LED's and we count there life expectancy in months not years like we where told they would last.

6x6TRex

If you have trouble after only a year, then I'll stick with my H4 lights. I have yet to see a LED that will last on a motor vehicle. Our busses have all gone to LED's and we count there life expectancy in months not years like we where told they would last.
Yeah but even though I'm having a problem with one I still would run these over a standard H4 bulb. The light output is so much greater with led.

Another option is looking at running HID, I am running all 3 bulb types on my Dakota. Led headlights, HID projector driving lights and 130 watt KC Daylighter off road lights.

Not knocking on a certain vender on here that has HID replacement lights available as I personally don't like that bulb setup as it's not the true proper way to run HID lights. I'll look through my info and post up the proper way to run a high/low beam HID light for anyone interested.

Artisan

HMMMMMMMM,

Truck-Lite 27270C 7" Round LED Headlamp Phase $165.84 on Ebay

$_12.JPG

In the snow, w/o a Heater snow will build up on LED headlights right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks