• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JW Speaker headlights

Artisan

OK so you were actually looking at Truck-Lite products at NAPA and not JW Speaker
unless I am double confusamabobbed.

steelandcanvas

I sure can buy a lot of standard incandescent headlights for $200. Heck, the cool factor isn't even worth the $400 a pair price tag . In the 8 years I've been playing with Deuces, I've only replaced 1 headlight. Guess I'm just cheap.

Artisan

I sure can buy a lot of standard incandescent headlights for $200. Heck, the cool factor isn't even worth the $400 a pair price tag . In the 8 years I've been playing with Deuces, I've only replaced 1 headlight. Guess I'm just cheap.

FWIW some of us M915 series guys have amperage issues to contend with and
popping in LEDS can help a lot.

Jeepsinker

Sorry for the mistake. They looked like the speaker lights to me in the brochure I looked at. At least it is another available option for us. They certainly aren't the same trucklite headlights I have.

welldigger

Sorry for the mistake. They looked like the speaker lights to me in the brochure I looked at. At least it is another available option for us. They certainly aren't the same trucklite headlights I have.
They are the newer style trucklites. More like what kc makes. I understand they project a better beam but I dunno if they are any more durable. Being that I hate trucklite it's doubtful if I ever try them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tom, its not the brightness, it the color of the light. its makes for better contrast(or something). I have used them both and prefer the led, but when my cheap set goes out, I will be using the H4s I have sitting here.

welldigger

It also depends on how the led beam is projected. The wattage of each led and a few other factors. Not all led's are made equal. Some are disappointingly dim while others will almost blind you.

rolling18

It also depends on how the led beam is projected. The wattage of each led and a few other factors. Not all led's are made equal. Some are disappointingly dim while others will almost blind you.
exactly, i read allot of research and side by sine comparisons... with LED they are extremely bright to look at or be seen BUT they dont light things up as bright as they are to look at.. beam projestion is still a problem with inexpensive ones.

youl see a pair of HID in 5 or 6K temp range are brighter than hellogen on the road, if i didnt spend so much on the LEDs id go to hid's like the rest of my cars. I also wanted to save the battery/ amp draw on the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks