• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kaiser or AM

N5MCZ

have a choice on a couple of M35a2's ...can't buy but one ...both about equal condition & miles ...do I go with the Kaiser or AM General?....thanks for any opinions or thoughts....Kent

KsM715

There is no difference. They were all built to the same specs. with very few changes made between the years. Mostly just that later years getting the split brakes.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There is no difference. They were all built to the same specs. with very few changes made between the years. Mostly just that later years getting the split brakes.
Agreed...park em side by side and ya can't tell much difference...in looks or performance.:beer:

SMOKEWAGON66

I have a Kaiser...it wouldn't matter who made it, they're all the same lol. I wish I could find me an American Bantam...that would be cool!

Lex_Ordo

They were both made in the same factory, by the same people. The name changed when AMC bought Kaiser,-Jeep and continued to run Kaiser-Jeep's, General Products Division, Military contract for trucks, under the new AMC subsidiary, AM General.
This was in 1970, and sometime during that year, the dataplate names changed from Kaiser-Jeep, to Am General. My '71 is AM General, but shows a '70 contract date.

Flyingvan911

Sometimes "AM General" causes trouble at the DMV. They might think it's some kind of Humvee and not want to register it. If the name is the only difference, I suggest the Kaiser.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes "AM General" causes trouble at the DMV. They might think it's some kind of Humvee and not want to register it. If the name is the only difference, I suggest the Kaiser.
I've ran into this issue once. Was resolved within a few moments.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DMV computers can find KAISER and they can find JEEP. They should be able to find AM GENERAL if you tell them it's the big brother of the HUMMER H-1 (not the HMMWV).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks