• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas city memorial day rally

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
May 28th to 30th Everyone is invited to our annual Memorial Day rally at the only WWI memorial in the US. We start setting up Saturday at noon and go through Monday. Sunday we have front row seats for the fire works as the Kansas City Symphony plays down the hill from us. Camping on site but no RV hook ups. If you will be coming for Sunday with a MV let us know how many folks and we will provide you with a KC strip dinner that afternoon. Some of us Monday will drive a few blocks to the KC Vietnam Memorial for their ceremony . Link shows the various events that will be going on. http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/new/index.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=1053
Last year we had 46 MV'S and hope to have more.

http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/new/index.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=1053

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep everybody is welcome. .We have guys that go to every meeting, but are not members of the MVPA.

91W350

That area is beautiful and loaded with history. I will have to see how my schedule works out, I would love to attend. For those who have not been in the area, the fountain below sounds like gunfire at times, I about jumped out of the cab of my old M1008 when I was there in it.

A little FBI history from across the street at the RR station.

The sun rose on June 17, 1933—just like any other spring day in America’s heartland. But outside a massive train station in Kansas City, Missouri, a grand tragedy was about to unfold.

Shortly after 7 a.m., a sudden burst of gunfire erupted outside the east entrance of Union Station. Its target was a troupe of lawmen who had just loaded escaped bank robber Frank “Jelly” Nash into a two-door Chevrolet, preparing to return him to nearby Leavenworth prison.

Within seconds, two Kansas City police officers, an Oklahoma police chief named Otto Reed, and Bureau Special Agent Ray Caffrey had been murdered—along with Nash himself. Another two agents inside the car survived by slumping forward and pretending to be dead. Kansas City Special Agent in Charge Reed Vetterli, who had been standing near the front of the car, miraculously escaped with only a flesh wound. An officer who responded from inside the station fired at the escaping killers, but they got away.

Glen

Attachments

Last edited:

JJensen

I now plan on being there. jwright came out tonight and worked on the truck with me. Well, he did a lot of wrenching while I did a lot of talking. Anyway, by the end of the night we were driving it. The truck has moved under its own power for months.

davesgmc

ELMO should be there this year. Got his brakes fixed. seems that the "rapture" that was supposed to be here saturday didnt happen, but ELMO thought it was supposed to be a rupture, so he broke an air line while driving and then after fixing that on the side of the road he broke a hydralic line opn the front brakes...Silly truck!

Will also be bringing the dog tag trailer,, and the ferret. going to trailer the ferret out, so Elmo is gonna be making a few trips on saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks