• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Katahdin's New M275A2

Katahdin

Introducing my third deuce, a 1967 Kaiser Jeep M275A2. It had been 2 full years since I had bought my last deuce.... I was due right?!?!

I picked it up in Deerfield, NH last Sunday. It has an interesting combination of old original parts and custom mods.

The OLD:
Continental LD-465-1 Naturally Aspirated Multifuel, Non TD Deck
25 Amp Generator and Regulator
Sprag Transfercase
Box Driver Seat
Gasser Gear Shifter
M275 specific fifth wheel parts

The MODS:
Custom Rear Exhaust
Jatonka Oil and Secondary Spin-On Filters
Axle Vent Tubes routed to the ceiling of the cab
Remote Brake Fluid Reservoir
Battery Cut-Off Switch in Map Box
Locking Door Handles
In Cab Heater
New Hardtop
Rear LED flood lights

It needs little TLC here (don't they all?) but its in pretty good shape I think for the $4000 I spent on a private sale. Drove the truck home as-is for 76 miles with my Jeep TJ towed behind.

Here's some pics!

Attachments

Last edited:

Katahdin

Here's some pics of the engine compartment and custom exhaust.

Attachments

Katahdin

Finally, a fun little clip driving over the Piscataqua River Bridge, into Maine in 4th gear, with my Jeep TJ in tow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MirMq9xiapY

Note - that is not the air pressure warning light that is on, the bezel is just in the wrong place. Air pressure, buzzer, and brakes were fully functional for this recovery.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Katahdin

Great looking truck! I've got a pic of that one with a cargo bed on it, glad it's back to a tractor.
Interesting! I'd like to see that pic if you dredge it up!

The guy I bought it from had traded a Mustang for it, and only had it 6 months or so. The seller tried to tell me it had a Detroit Diesel and an Allison transmission, LOL.

Anywho, I plan to keep it close to stock. If I can find a reasonably priced gooseneck or lowboy, I'd like to use it to ferry my 45hp Yanmar Compact Utility Tractor and Bush Hog around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks