• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kats tank heater

topgun217

Has anyone installed a Katz circulation tank heater in their M1009? Can it be done correctly? I purchased one of these units and it is not working properly. If anyone has any input that would be great a pic of your installation would be better yet. Thanks in advance yellas.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would contact the manufacturer for installation information.

acesneights1

google five star manufacturing but I can tell you my experience with their customer service was not good but I do believe the manuals are online.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When both my Kats heaters failed I called them. They put me right to their tech support and the guy said the thermostat may have failed.

Now, if I want anything to start I have heaters that I can plug into an outlet and point them at the trucks or backhoe. Mine are inside so I don't have to worry about wind.

dependable

Hear you go.

This is not installed per instructions. Use at own risk. Works well for me. This is an older Kats tank heater form my plow truck 1008 which was retired due to rust. Recently put it in 1008 I am using this winter. Installed the way it was on plow truck when I bought it years ago.

Correct installation involves a Y connector to plug tap from water jacket on block or fitting on lower radiator hose.

One hose to inlet on crossover as pictured, one to heater core on fire wall. Note vertical position of heater. Run to bleed after installation.

This gets motor warm much faster than freeze plug type & probably creates hot spots. I always unplug and wait for engine heat to equalize a few minutes before starting.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks