• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kc heartland campout memorial weekend

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
HERE IS A link to this weekends pictures. Had a total of 42 MV'S show up this year. Thanks to all that served and showed up in the rain this morning to remember.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/35661-elmo-unvieled-kc-memoral.html

If your memorial day weekend is free, YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING ANY MILITARY VEHICLE OUT TO the KANSAS CITY LIBERTY WWI MEMORIAL!
http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/display.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=982 We set up on the south east corner of the lawns and have all sorts of military vehicles gear on display there, from pristine WWII jeeps to old beat up POS stuff still being put back together. We camp out there all weekend. Set up is on sat afternoon and we tear down and leave Monday later afternoon. It is a blast. there are THOUSANDS of people that walk through there to look at the vehicles and displays. Sunday nights concert followed by the mid wests largest spectacular fireworks display at 9:15 pm and we get front row seats!

Give me a call sometime

if i don't answer, leave a message

Dave Thomas
913 219 3179
Hey a bunch of us from the heartland will be down at the
Liberty Memorial From noon Sat till Monday mid day.
If you can hold off taking it to the farm or bring it back for the weekend.You are more than welcome to hang out and camp if you want.
May 23 & 25, 9 a.m.
Vintage Military Vehicle Display
National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial – Southeast Lawn
The Military Vehicle Preservation Association displays vintage military vehicles on the southeast lawn and their members are available to answer your questions about their collection. Displays will include Jeeps, tanks and other vehicles from World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
National World War I Museum - Event Calendar

Last edited:

davesgmc

If you are from out of area and don't want to "camp" there are plenty of places in the area to stay. Even if you want to come out to look or just for a day, come on out!

We will have water, electricity, etc avail if you need it.

Our group, I mean by group, i mean me. will be setting up our dog tags machines and making dog tags.

COME ON OUT, ITS A BLAST!

bring the kids too.

chicklin

If your memorial day weekend is free, YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING ANY MILITARY VEHICLE OUT TO the KANSAS CITY LIBERTY WWI MEMORIAL! We set up on the south east corner of the lawns and have all sorts of military vehicles gear on display there, from pristine WWII jeeps to old beat up POS stuff still being put back together. We camp out there all weekend. Set up is on sat afternoon and we tear down and leave Monday later afternoon. It is a blast. there are THOUSANDS of people that walk through there to look at the vehicles and displays. Sunday nights concert followed by the mid wests largest spectacular fireworks display at 9:15 pm and we get front row seats!

Give me a call sometime

if i don't answer, leave a message

Dave Thomas
913 219 3179

Do we need to do anything special to sign up, or can I just drive up in my M37 and hang out? What about bringing it on a trailer?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No nothing special, lawn chairs and cooler. Just let us know how many will be out for the fireworks Sunday night as we usually provide BBQ . You don't have to stay the whole time, we have many that come out Sat am, set up their stuff and don't come back till Sun Eve for fireworks, go home again then come back noon Monday to pack up. WE have a lot for the trailers back behind the memorial. PS we like you are good at hanging out!

tsstout

So I'd consider the 3 hour drive if you don't think my sorta beatup 109 would embarrass everyone...Where does the camping take place?? Are we doing a military motif for that too?? or just displaying the trucks?? What if everything is not exactly original?? Like I painted the interier box white... could not stand that puke green... and I layed particle sheets over the oak strip floor.... and I don't have a ladder.... and she has civi tags mounted... She's just a fun toy for me... I'm not really trying to do the restoration thing... but I do have the deuce fever..... and hanging with like minded folks has me interested....

Terry

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Terry The truck is not a problem last year one of the most looked at things we had there was a Jeep frame without a body on it . Don't worry about being military correct, We now have davesgmc crew cab bridge truck, a 2 1/2 truck tractor with chrome stack. Some of us use military tents or if you use a civi one we set them up behind the trucks. Last year had a display of military tents that served as a fence on one side.

tsstout

Excellent.... I have a Artic 5 hex and a GP medium... although I'm sure you don't want me to bring that beastie.... So I should be able to follow the theme with the 5man.... You said electricity and water?? Available, or "over there" sorta thing....

I'd say pencil me in... I will firm it up after I actually see if it's going to work...

Thanks....
Terry

davesgmc

I have the generator mounted under the frame of the 5 ton. It should provide enough power for what ever you have. Water should be from a buffalo. there are porta potties there and portable sinks to wash your hands in. Food wise. Its a park in the middle of the city, there are plenty of places in the area. I even took the ferret down to Wendy's one year to go get some food. You should bring your tent, the more the better, if you have any other military related items you wish to display you re welcome to bring them too. It is a rain or shine event, most years it was raining at least one day anyhow. Its still a very nice time to hang out and let others see our military vehicles, authentic or not.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
2weekends till Downtown Kansas City Mo

May 23 & 25,
Vintage Military Vehicle Display and camp
National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial – Southeast Lawn
The Military Vehicle Preservation Association displays vintage military vehicles on the southeast lawn and their members are available to answer your questions about their collection. Displays will include Jeeps, tanks and other vehicles from World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
National World War I Museum - Event Calendar

We start setting up around noon Sat.

davesgmc

I got a call last night from a guy in topeka last night. He may bring his duece down sunday. I want to remnd everyone, that you all are more than welcome to come down, hang out. Bring your m/v or just yourself. Its quite fun. If you need more info, just call me.

Dave Thomas 913-219-3179. your going to have to leave a message, but i will get back to you asap....thanks

see you there!

davesgmc

GREAT! cant wait to see you there. Bring you a couple of lawn chairs and some drinks and your set. Just find one of the members walking around, we will either be in some sort of uniform or wearing aclub t-shirt. I will more than likely be sitting under a canopy making dog tags all weekend.

tsstout

well I've been delaying this... but it looks like I'm not going to make the weekend shindig.... too many other commitments... I will try to plan for next years, if you all are there...

Sorry...Terry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks