• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

keep or sell?

jfmrj

I have a m1009 that has the common glow plug problem. I came across a brand new glow plug control module for a hmmvee. The nsn is 6110-01-463-9260. I was wondering if I could somehow use this on my cucv. if I can't I want to sell or trade it for something.

ida34

The glow plug system on the Humvee is different. Anything can be done with enough welding wire and electrical tape but I would say you should just fix the one you have or bypass it with a pushbutton.

jfmrj

ok

I've got my glow plugs working sometimes by that button. I came across a ignition control module for the hmmvee. I'm going to sell the module. Its brand new and I guess I don't need it. It would be nice if I had someone around me (Lexington, NC) that could figure out why the button isn't working the way you say it should. I don't think I have a good ground. I did go to Delks surplus on highway 64. Wasn't impressed at all.