• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keeping air in tires

ratat98

It seems like every other time I drive my deuce I get at least one flat tire and its usually an inner dual and it's usually due to a nail. Is this normal with stock deuce tires or do I need to stick a giant nail grabbing magnet on the front bumper? (which thinking about that, it would be kinda cool...) :p

91W350

I think that is standard operating procedures, no sense having a flat on an easy tire to change. Switch to 100 Michelins, no flats so far....

3dAngus

I used to pick up nails in my pickup at a local U-Stor-it rental room place until I brought it to the managers attention. He hired a high school kid to walk the paths with the maget pickup and now it's a regular practice. I get them at GL sites as well.

Point of all this is;
One thing you might want to consider is the sites you drive it through. Also, check the back of your tires before you depart. Some people don't like MV's and might just prop one up for you. I had a friend that had a handful of roofing nails at the end of his driveway. I guess he made someone pretty mad. Good luck with it.

91W350

I think part of our flat tire issues come from the tires scrubbing all the time. Those tandems are great for carrying a load, but when we turn, we shove anything on the surface around. I normal vehicle sort of rolls over, we scuff as we roll. We can also check out the high mileage warranty on tires....

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to buy 395's at COSTCO. They have a road hazard warranty. Just drive to the nearest COSTCO if you have a nail in your tire.

ratat98

You need to buy 395's at COSTCO. They have a road hazard warranty. Just drive to the nearest COSTCO if you have a nail in your tire.
Just looked that up on the internet, and that would be great, but the nearest COSTCO is 281 miles away....
That does make sense Glen, I can see where I pull in and out from my drive way just from the tires skidding.

Last edited:

thehaas

with a 12 ply tire and thick inner flap thats a lot of thickness before nail hits tube.most problems are dry rot microscopic holes in tube leaking down slow also if tire had mudd or grit inside before tire mounted that will sand tube and last stem on tube shifted .i never had flat after installing new tires 6 year ago.when old ones came off thats when you see causes of flats also driving to low tire pressure heats tire to much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks