• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kenworth PLS Pictures

M1075

On Saturday morning, my Kenworth PLS was delivered. By Saturday afternoon, I had the truck helping out with a grass fire. Here are some pics as the truck was delivered, loading the water distributor, and at the fire. About 5000 acres were burned.

Attachments

M1075

Thanks for the comments. The truck is designated M1074, although it probably should be XM1074 because it never went into production. I think only 8 were made for testing. Oshkosh won the PLS and they have been building the real M1074 and M1075

This truck has the original Cummins 444, but a new Allison 7-speed from the MVTR and an Oshkosh PLS 2-speed transfer case. Originally the truck had an Eaton 9-speed and single speed transfer. The new setup provides the low end gears for off-road but also provides 2 overdrive gears for highway speed too. It is really sweet and fun to drive.

Hammer

Does the rear most axle lift?
Man, that is one SWEET truck!
And a very nice setup there with the water tank being able to quick load like that.

reb87

That truck is so awesome, kind of makes the 919 look small. I think the hooklift style would be really useable on the farm.. If I remember right the rear axle steers??

I will still be heading down that way as soon as I can get things caught up here.

M1075

To answer a few questions:

The rear axle steers, but does not lift. It is weird how they spaced it back 80" while the other rears are 61".

The PLS water distributor is 3000 gallons and weighs 16.5 tons when full. The truck loads/unloads it full no problem. I also have a 2000 gallon water distributor made for the HEMTT LHS (11 tons). It looks real similar just not as tall. I plan to pull it behind on the trailer.

tcody

Nice truck - now I have to vent a little. Kenworth makes a great truck, but can you get it in a 6x6 any more? Not off the line. They used to pride themselves on "custom built" but now forget it. If you want a cabover K500 unless you speak arabic and wear a towel you can't buy that american machine. We've gone to Western Star exclusively since the sort of listen to the customer still. Don't make sense that american companies are hurting, but they still won't put the customer first and do what is necessary to get the business too keep folks working. Sorry for the rant - recent problems with Kenworth that is still a thorn in my side - M1075 that is a cool truck. Nice work. and post more photos!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks