• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Key/ ignition cylinder?

Iamnewatthis

Key/ lock/ Ignition cylinder doesnt make good contact, i have to wiggle it and or hold it forward without going far enough to turn truck over. If i do, truck wont start. If i turn key forward till there is pressure, glow plugs/ wait light come on, then truck will start.
Anyone run into this before?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your ignition switch at the bottom of the steering column needs to be adjusted. There is a sectinon in the TN that covers it.

The key/cylinder turns and pushes a rod that pushes the switch.

You may also need to replace the ignition switch. About $10 at the parts house.

Iamnewatthis

Your ignition switch at the bottom of the steering column needs to be adjusted. There is a sectinon in the TN that covers it.

The key/cylinder turns and pushes a rod that pushes the switch.

You may also need to replace the ignition switch. About $10 at the parts house.
Oh man that makes total sense.
I replaced the ignition switch awhile back but i dont think the rod is right, i thought it was for the turn signal and ignored it.
I will take it apart and put it in right, thanks so much. I'll let you guys know.

Barrman

The self cancelling turn signals are done by a plastic piece inside the column between the steering wheel and the lock cylinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks