• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Key start Deuce!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Are you wanting to use the key instead of the start push button or in addition to it?

PS. You need to change your user profile to list your location state. The US is not a state. ;-). It is one of the site requirements.

hottboy28

Is your main thought for security? If so you could put in a Keyed battery cut off switch, that's fairly easy to do, however a key start is interesting too..

Yes for security reasons I would want or prefer a key start. I saw a video on youtube where the guy had a key to start it. He also had music and loud speakers on it. I think I would also do the keyed battery cut off as well. I was going to buy one about 2 weeks ago and the seller thought it was still at the location he kept it and when we got there, someone stole it with a pick up and some chains.So, it gaveme the idea.

Last edited:

hottboy28

Welcome to the site.

Are you wanting to use the key instead of the start push button or in addition to it?

PS. You need to change your user profile to list your location state. The US is not a state. ;-). It is one of the site requirements.
I just wanted the key start. I changed the profile already. Thanks for the heads up!

Adrian A

I have a key start. I got my keyed switch at the auto parts store. You just hook it up for momentary on. The key will not turn it off though. Which is fine.