• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keyed Switch

If i'm worried about someone taking it I just use the factory issued steering wheel lock cable and leave the shifter in gear. That way if someone was to jump in it not only will it not start they won't be able to turn the wheel if they do figure out how to start it so I assume they would just cut there losses and take off.

This way it keeps that original look.

Last edited:

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is life after a key switch and a step drill.

Machined a little step bushing, put the original switch back in (after two failed key switches).

FWIW, current is about 2 A on the running leg, peak current I saw on the start leg was 14A, but mine starts right up. Don't know what a long crank would look like.

switch bushing.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks