• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KG 31 Mine Resistant Vehicle

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
When I was in Afghanistan I got to climb around on one of the KG 31 mine resistant vehicles in Kandahar that was being used to de-mine Afghanistan. These are run everyday by our engineer Soldiers to help the Afghani people take their land back from the days of the Soviet occupation. I found them looking through old pictures and thought you might like to see them.

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that what they call, "the Buffalo?" If so, I just watched a show on the Mikitary Channel about it right about when you posted. Great design!

BigJay

RE: veh

A buddy of mine was riding with 7 other guys in one of those in Iraq... Truck hit a mine/IED and blew the heck up... Flipped over backwards and landed on it's roof. Whole truck was destroyed. The driver had a black eye because of something that was not strapped down on the dash. Everyone else walked away with no injuries at all. Pretty amazing vehicle.

-Jay

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am glad you noticed that it was referred to nicely by Soldiers as the Frankentruck since it looked kinda like Dr. Frankenstein built it. I has saved a lot of lives with the hood taking the brunt of the damage and the Soldiers being protected. I have some pictures of the one that you referred to and will post them tomorrow since they came out as unclassifed on the web from the Army Material Command. All other battle damage is restricted from posting but since they sent it out I will post them. The better shot of the five ton front end is in the first shot.