• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kingpin Bushings

rccollin

I am in the process of rebuilding my front end, and found that the kingpin bushings are too small to fit over the kingpins. I double checked the part numbers, and everything is correct. Am I missing something???

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just a thought, the bushing may need to be reamed, years a go, many, many, I got kingpin/bushing kits from ford for my 59 pu, in the instructions it called for a "ream to fit" and gave the rotation needed pull using a string and spring scale.

jasonjc

Just a thought, the bushing may need to be reamed, years a go, many, many, I got kingpin/bushing kits from ford for my 59 pu, in the instructions it called for a "ream to fit" and gave the rotation needed pull using a string and spring scale.
I remember reading the same thing about the deuce bushing on here, that they need to be reamed.

I replaced my bushings last summer. I had to ream them out also. I pressed them into the housing then I chucked them up in my lathe. Then I opened them up with adout .0003 clearance. The pins had some wear on them but overall they weren't too bad.