• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kipman's WMO pump works great!!

I am very interest in the idea of making biodiesel and using WMO/WVO. I have bought several books on the subject and almost bought and old VW Diesel jetta to try my hand at making bio-diesel. The consensus I have found on both forums and books is that a Diaphragm pump is the way to go. The clear water pumps do not like all the back pressure caused by pushing the oil through filters and media. Diaphragm pumps dont seem to be affected as much by this.

Something like this http://www.clrmarine.com/m4/FJ 04300-042--flojet-pump-115v-3-5-45-pse-sw.html or http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=dia220v would work alot better then a clear water pump.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the gravity feed meathod,I can filter down 5 gal in about an hr. Through two 5 Micron string wound filters. I can fill a 55gal drum in no time.I change out the filters every 55gal at the cost of $6.00.[thumbzup]
Rayzer, your method is attractive for simplicity and cost! If you have not already done so, please post up a thread about your system and please include photos.

Questions: Do you find it necessary to heat the oil (what are your ambient temps) and what is the gravity pressure head (PSI) you are obtaining to squeeze the oil through the filter system?

Rick

jesusgatos

Gimp is right, they are set at about 7 GMP since they are a power steering pump. But IIRC since I don't have the factory info in front of me, the displacement and RPMs will actually put out about 16 GPM if you bypass the valving in the back of the pump.

I have the factory specs at home, but I'm not. When I get home I'll post it up. I think it was 2600 PSI max and 3600 RPM max...I THINK!!!
Power steering pump for what?

rebel_raider

Were the specs of this pump ever released? I'm starting to piece together a filter setup of my own, and was looking for some options. Inquiring minds want to know.:D

ARYankee

I'm currently looking into using an air powered pump. That way I can use it with the deuce or run it off my compressor at the house. What CFM can you get out of the deuce?

armytruck63

I'm sure the air operated pump works great, but I wouldn't run the suction pipe to the bottom of the barrel. That's where all the crap settles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks