• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kitchen Deuce

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My junk man called to tell me he just pickup a 5 ton cargo(rough no IP), a M543, and a deuce with a kitchen unit on the bed(hard top?), this is the same guy who has the half track. I am going down to see him week after next. Anyone familiar with a deuce model set up with a kitchen unit for the bed? He was in a hurry so I didn't ask if it was a M35 or a 211. I have seen several of the kitchen trailers(German ones) but no kitchen unit deuce.
James

WPNS421

The Canadian military had M135 Kitchen trucks, they were locally made in Germany and were so popular that they autorized the fabrication of the kitchen truck. I have one sitting in my yard, it was sold this week and is waiting delivery. The official designation is the M133. I will try to post some pictures.

Attachments

WPNS421

The kitchen was powered with the M2 burners, it had 2 M59 ranges, hot plate . They also used 2 M2 burners outside to make coffee or boil water. The deuce towed a trailer that contained the food and the cooks usually had a bunk or 2 in the trailer. Here are a few pictures of our build.

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the trucks come with hard shelter on the bed are were they all canvas covered, was there a actual kitchen truck with an M designation in the US inventory? The way he was talking this one sounds like it is a van type bed?
James

FormerNewMVGuy

My father and his fellow soldiers built a kitchen duece while stationed in germany in the late fifty's, I will see if he will let me borrow the pics :cool:

Green_gator

Now now Vinny you know you want to eat even better at the next Florida Rally.
Jame,
Do you have any pictures of the kitchen deuce and if it is for sale what is he asking?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stan:
I read this article prior to posting and in fact since it didn't answer my basic question of was there an actual Kitchen/Mess Truck produced for the US military I wanted to post for an answer. Since when I go and talk to the owner he will be of zero help with info on the vehicle, he was not even sure if it was a 2.5 or a 5 ton truck, he thinks it is a Deuce? So any info will help. The fact that he found another M543 wrecker may also be a winner for me since he has a M543 less the wrecker bed slowly melting into this compound yard that I want!!!!!

All of the trucks will be for sale including the Halftrack, I just have to talk him into a reasonable dollar range!
James

Attachments