• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KM2's

CUCVSRK

Does anyone run BFG KM2's on their CUCV stock? I'm thinking about getting them and wanted to see what they look like on these trucks. I also wanted to know how many miles they go until they are ready to be replaced. Any help is appreciated!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at these also, my research showed the 33x10.5 r15 would work. The reviews I read said a bit of highway noise but he.. the truck is way noisier than the tires could ever be. Highway use probably would reduce life by 25% but again the one time you need the traction it would be worth it.

I hope somebody with real life experience will chime in!!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have run 33-12.50r15 KM2's on both my stock M1009s (which I am assuming from your signature is the CUCV you are referring to).

On one, they rubbed slightly on the very inside of the left front wheel well lip behind the wheel, but only when you flexed the vehicle with the tread edge adjacent to that point (does that make sense? As in, only when you were moving and the tread edge passed at the closest point to the wheel well).
On the other, it only rubbed at that point on the right! With a less knobby tire, I don't think it would hit at all.

On one vehicle, I bent the offending corner a bit with vice-grips. On the other, I trimmed a bit off with a Dremel tool. both "fixes" worked fine.

Pawnshop ran 33-10.50r15s on his M1009 with no issues at all.

The KM2's are noisy, but then the rest of the M1009 is too. Doesn't bother me, I always wear earplugs anyway. They seem to be wearing okay, I have put several thousand miles on them in couple of years.

Cheers

Pic 3 shows where the rub point is.
Pic 4 shows the KM's compared to the stock tires.

Attachments

Last edited:

seano11

All I ever run on my trucks are mud terrains never had a highway tire on a single truck best mud tire out there for wear and performance is the toyo open country m/t