• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knackered glowplug relay

tankie88

I've just tested various parts of my gp system.It seems the gp relay is knackered.Any way of bypassing it until a new one arrives from germany.

Cancel........my bad.Just checked again at the spade connecters for the GP's it's all working.Looks like the GP's are knackered.I had a duff ground while testing.

Last edited:

kc8oye

been there.. done that!!! had 2 bad GP's and the manual glow plug switch got left on and thankfully the relay let go before the plugs did!

ida34

This is why a manual switch needs to be a momentary switch. It is best to use something like a starter switch that takes a little effort to push in. Did you test the plugs? Connect a test light to the positive of the front battery then touch the probe to each glow plug terminal with the connector disconnected. The light should come on. If it does not then the glow plug is bad.

kc8oye

yeah, i went thru all 8 of them. .cleaned them up, tested them, put 'em back in..

i think I've got the military glow plug module fixed.. it's just a matter of finding time when the weather isn't frigid cold and/or I can actully get the truck inside the shop!

tankie88

Attachments

CUCV85

I normally get my spares from Germany at this site Ersatzteile für den Army Chevrolet Blazer M1009 oder Pick UP M1008 - us-army-military-shop . I have a new GP relay arrive today(just in case).It dont look nothing like the ones i've seen on SS. On the base it says "Made in the USA".On the back it says "5414", "12v", "8HA".On the front the 2 brass connectors...the left one has "I" and the right has "S". Can it be used?
BWD Switch Solenoid used as GPR :idea:
$27 Part Number S603 at AAP store
it's the same as napa st-80 or ST85 but less cost :!:
has insulated post bases...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_SWITCH-SOLENOID-BWD_18970418-P_N3063C_A%7CGRP2020A____#