• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knocking Power Loss

2INSANE

Hello! I have an 83 Gmc 6.2 diesel truck Civilian I just swapped a Cucv J code with new injection pump on it. Only 30,000 miles. Started knocking loud and loss of power. Happens when at idle while in gear. Any ideas will help?

cucvrus

Are the transmission to engine bolts tight? Are the Torque converter bolts tight? That would create both issues. Have you checked the oil? I would check all the fasteners. These are my ideas from afar. Good Luck.

snowtrac nome

check oil verify good oil and pressure look for metallic flakes in the oil the loss of a rod bering is enough to drop compression so an engine wont fire. if the engine is mechanically sound I would think it is a fuel knock the result of a bad injector. you can find which one by cracking lines until the noise goes away

2INSANE

I checked oil. Still super clean with no metal shavings.

I found the problem. It was a bad injector. When the motor was cold, I started it up, opened the hood and put my hand on the exhaust manifolds on each cylinder. Each one started to warm up except 1. I replaced that injector and filled the fuel filter with ATF and full bottle of Seafoam in the tank. The noise went away and I have more power then ever! Thanks again for all the help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks