• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knowledge thieving....

JoeD500

Hey all,

I am currently working on a project of a '74 Dodge D500 (2ton) [COLOR=#00FF00 !important]medium duty truck,[/COLOR] that was used on a naval base here in northern Canada. Now, I know the next question - why in a Deuce forum?. I ask because I am swapping the 2.5 ton Rockwell top loader axles used by the M35s onto this truck. My goal is to convert it to a 4x4 and later down the road do an [COLOR=#00FF00 !important]engine[/COLOR] swap.

Now I will get down to the actual question/ request for assistance.

1) How do the Hubs work?. I understand they can be 'flipped' in or out. Now I have done as much internet searching as I can and can not find a solid thread that explains how to do this. I will be running dual real tires on the old girl, however, the way the axles hubs are now, there does not seem to be enough axle shaft exposed on the outside of the hub to accommodate a dual tire set up. I find this strange as I know the stock deuce's were all dual tires?. So if someone could kindly explain how step by step to flip these hubs so I can run my duals that would be great.

secondly,

2) Also, if anyone had experiemented with traction control devices perhaps you can help here : I have ordered a Grizzly locker for the rear for now (front later). I have been able to find enough threads where I am confident in [COLOR=#00FF00 !important]installing[/COLOR] it- however one more check can't hurt. Please confirm if what I have to do is; remove axle shafts, unbolt and pull chunk, take off safety wire and remove main gear, remove more safety wire and unbolt gear, remove spiders AND 4 thrust washers, install locker, reassemble gears & safety wire, REMOVE wingnut and washer on locker and reinstall rest of assembly.??????

I know this question has probably been answered a thousand times, but I figured I would come here and ask for some input....(we all have to start somewhere) please answer these questions and I will be very thankful - honestly.

& sorry for the long post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks