• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Korean Dueces

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: More With Soldiers

FreightTrain said:
actually they ain't copies.Didn't KIA purchase all the old Tooling and drawings for the Deuce,5 tons,Jeeps(Both the lil guys and the M715s)?If so they just redesigned a few things and restarted Production.I kinda like the hood to grill area.Gives it a sleak stylish look.
I don't know about that one way or the other - but I've got pix of a K-J assembly line building deuces in Tawain in the 1970s. Personally, I think that these Tawainese built trucks are the elusive 07 series trucks.

BTW - the body (cab) for most deuces (and five and ten ton trucks) was made in Moline, IL by McLaughlin Body. www.mclbody.com Reo builit there on.

The cargo bed was made by Budd in most instances - but AM General also made some of there own.

There is/was a lot of tooling for these trucks running around....without seeing the tools in Korea - or talking to AM General - we'll likely never know.

By the way - when Reo Motors stopped building trucks in Lansing, the parts inventory was bought by a liquidator. That liquidator is still in business, under the name Big Lots!

Regards,
David