• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lack of communication with a SS member

Jim Hunter

Dear fellow members,

As you all aware I bought an M1008 last July.
Thanks to your help and your support I was be able to have sort a lot of its problems.
Warthdog for example helps me a lot and I public have to say a BIG thank you.
Sadly both here in Slovenia but also in Greece where the 08 was purchased and sitting at the moment parts are very hard to find.
As most sellers on eBay they dont send to Greece I have to found someone who is willing to have the parts shipped to him and then he will send the package to me.
I ask a well respected member here and he is willing to help me.
I start to send parts to him and all goes fine.Until September 8th as then we have the last communication.Since then I have send him 3 pms on 8th,12th and 16th and I never get an response.I do understand that people have full time jobs, also they have their own life and their free time might be very limited but he is everyday online here for a while and posting some messages as well.I have explained that the place I have the truck siiting in Greece starts to ask to move the truck from their space as it takes place but sadly I need the package of parts to make it mobile.And sadly I am out of money to be able to re-order some of the required parts and waiting from the member to respond...
What do you guys think about it ?

Thank you,
Jim

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Sometimes people make commitments out of a generous nature, but then find that it's more trouble than they expected, and don't want to continue. That's understandable.

In that case, some people take the easy way out and just drop the ball and ignore the whole matter. That's not right.

The right thing to do is to follow through with whatever is pending, and then make it clear that no more assistance will be given.

Assuming that it's not just a miscommunication, said "well respected member" should pony up the parts, and make it clear he's not available for any more help of that kind.

Of course, my comments are based on the assumption that you've told the whole story. There are always two sides to a story, and we've only heard one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Jim, been a little busy. I have all of your stuff and brake hoses will be at the local NAPA in the am. I got the PMs, just don't always have time to answer. Get 20 or so a day. As I metioned in some of our PMs, I'm not always free so I have to select carefully what I can respond to. Since my schedule and your can't work together, in the future I'll have to pass the torch of help to someone with a less demanding schedule. I will repackage your parts into boxes that weigh less than 20# and start mailing them out tomorrow. If you will, please PM me your address so I can get these out. Do not be surprised if I don't find the time to respond.

Jim Hunter

Kenny,

I recognise that your help to me is priceless and I dont even think that I have to be in a hurry to have the parts shipped.
But the place is have the truck in Greece start to ask to have the truck moved and that is the reason I need to have the parts shipped earlier than I thought.

For one more time a BIG THANK YOU for your help.

Jim

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny thank you for posting this up, you did not have to reveal yourself and could have handled this behind the scene. My hats off to you for handling this situation in this manner and setting the example of how to own up to a situation and deal with this in the correct manner.

THANK YOU for all the help you provide so many members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rmtaunton

More proof that steel soldiers is more than just a web site, there's not another I have ever even heard of that helps there fellow man as we do , I am a proud member!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, has anyone heard from Jim Hunter? My last contact with him was on 9 Oct 2014 to let me know all parts arrived safely and to let me know that he would repay the shipping costs on the 27th. He has not logged on since 21 Oct and has not responded to email.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, now "he" has been the ,lack of communication?

How ironic.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got an email from Jim Hunter. Domestic responsibilities delayed his response but he is OK.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good the hear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks