• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lack of power

Lax

Today I took my Deuce out for a drive and noticed it had about half the power it should. It started fine and idled fine but the best I could get was about 1,500-1,600 RPMs in 5th gear on flat land.

The fuel is old and I realized I have not changed the fuel filters in ages. The more I dove it it seemed to get a little better but no where near where it should. Any thoughts? I do think the turbo is working. It does not smoke any more then usual and when I shut down I can hear the turbo wind down too. Thanks for your thoughts

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try new fuel and change all the fuel filters. Check the tank and filters to make sure you do not have anything growing in it.

Lax

Great ideas. Can I get to the fuel tank filter through the sending unit in the tank and do you have any suggestions on what I can use to kill anything growing in there or the tank? Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How long has it sat?

I've noticed if I haven't taken mine out for a while, I havv to run it hard before she behaves like normal. Take her out and run her hard for an hour or more before you do anything. I have military nsn correct secondary filters with the correct gaskets if you decide to try changing filters, pm me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks