• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lackland AFB Family Day C5

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Alamo MVPA participated in Family Day for one of the Air Wings today. Things started out rainy and looked like we were going to cancel but then the rain stopped and it was just cloudy for the rest of the day. This shot was just as we were getting ready to leave and they let us set up in front of a C5 on the ramp. Not all of our vehicles had gotten in line yet but this was the best shot off of my cell phone.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They wouldn't let me back it on board. Probably thought I'd take out the side of it but I'd be more worried about scratching my deuce.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some more shots. Only 4 vehicles showed up due to the rain earlier. Turns out we got nearly 4" at our house but thankfully that was much further north. David Barrera, our club events coordinator (front left 1st photo), retired from the AF after 37 years and was able to get us up in the cockpit of the C5 for some photos.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no but you might try alamomvpa.org there might be some more of it there. He has it marked as a SAC vehicle out of Mountain Home, ID

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I want a CUCV in that color!
Hmmmm! A Strata Blue CUCV sure would be pretty, but it wouldn't be "correct." By the time they came into service, the AF had switched to plain OD for its tactical vehicles. Shortly thereafter, they started "upgrading" them to the 3-color NATO woodland camo pattern.